6. Arabella

"Where the fuck are you, Arabella?" Nicolas shouts down the phone. I look around, staring at the Eiffel Tower in front of me.

"Uh... France."

"Why the fuck are you in France?" He shouts.

"Hey, why are you yelling?" I frown, dodging someone walking my way.

"Because your husband is killing fucking everyone until he finds you. I'm next." He sounded very mad. I haven't seen any of them in like a year, i used the money mom left me on my eighteenth birthday, i travelled the states first, then South America, then Asia, now i'm in Europe.

"Is he with you now?"

Rumbling on the phone indicates yes and then he speaks, "If you don't get your ass back in this country within the next three days, i'm going to keep you in my fucking basement." He shouts, louder than Nico.

"Miss me that much, blondie?"

"I am not playing games, Arabella. Three days." He hangs up.

I sigh, pushing my phone in my bag as i turn on my heels and make my way back to the hotel. I book tickets for the next flight to New York and then wait.

On the second day i arrive. I uber back to the house but they're already waiting for me when i step out of the cab. "Is this a welcome home party or something?" I look at all of them.

My brothers, my sister and her husband, my husband, his friends.

Roman steps down the stairs first and, boy, does he look furious. Those pretty blue eyes are covered in anger, his jaw tight, his eyebrows furrowed, his eyes hooded, lips pursed and nostrils flared.

"Hey hubby." I smile awkwardly.

"A whole ass year." He walks up to me. "A whole damn year, Arabella!"

I hold my hand on his chest, all the feelings i felt before were eradicated, now i just see the angry man i'm being forced to marry.

"You... You said i could have as long as i wanted."

"To grieve. Not to travel the fucking world." He grabs my arm, pulling me toward his car. Manhandling me like he did when we first met.

I'm home now, and i'll be expected to act the part.

I let him do it, push me into the front seat of his car and slam the door shut. I lean back, waving at my sister who waved back and smiled.

He walks around the car and gets in the drivers seat, his two friends start walking up.

"So, what did you get up to while i was away?" I run my hands down my thighs.

"Fucking look for you." Romans hand grips the steering wheel tighter.

"Don't be so mad, i'm all yours-"

"Like hell you are." He presses the radio, turning it up loudly. He's mad at me. His friends take the seat behind us and Roman starts driving. The only sound was the static radio playing old throwback songs.

He didn't drive us back to the house i stayed in before, this one was much bigger. "Who's place is this?"

"Mine." Roman gets out of the car. He manhandles me as if i'm going to make a run for it, dragging me to the front door. This house was more secured, protected. Men were placed everywhere.

He pushes open the door in the house and takes one of the staircases up immediately. There's two staircases.

I try and look around as much as possible but it was useless because he pushed me straight into a room, locked the door and left me there.