25. Roman

I stand by the door, watching Arabella place makeup over Luca's face. She sat on his hips as they lay across the couch, her makeup scattered over his chest, him holding her hips.

"You look pretty." She makes a face which he copies, she blushes and continues patting his skin with a brush.

I peer at him, certainly an improvement.

"You're always pretty." His lips form a smile, she blushes again, bending down to kiss him but raising straight away to finish his face.

I lean against the door frame as Katrina walked in, i sent her a look which silenced her. I just want to watch them at the moment.

She nods and turns to walk away.

"Stop trying to eat the brush." She slaps his jaw lightly.

"It tickles." He laughs.

She laughs too, her eyes lighting up.

"My mom would have loved you." She picks up a pink palette.

Juliana does love Luca, most people love Luca. He might be a killer but he's a softie at heart and those close enough to get to know him know that.

"Oh yeah?" Luca smiles.

"Yeah, i haven't laughed like this in a while. I always tried to do my brothers makeup and nails when i was a kid but they never let me, always said i was gonna find a man who did." She paints pink over his eyelids.

"Do you miss her?" He asks.

"Everyday." She says truthfully, "I used to cope with it by going to the ducks but i'm, like, on house arrest all the time so i can't do that." She shrugged it off though i could tell she was hurt, i'm trying to make it safe for her again. "Or in the wine cellar back at papas place, because we'd hide out there when we wanted girl time."

"I'll bring my sister round one day and you can have some girl time." He winks at her.

"What's her name?" She rolls her hips but then slaps his away when he goes to squeeze her ass.

"Rosa, you two would get alone well."

"Why's that?"

"Have the same personality."

I've only met Rosa a couple of times, though i'd say Arabella is more outspoken and likeable than she is.

"Asher said the next time his family visit the states he's going to let me babysit his sister." She picks up a black pen and starts drawing around his eyes. "I want to meet Romans sister."

"Good luck with that." Luca closes his eyes again.

"I used to have a crush on a boy in my middle school, he had autism. He used to get bullied real bad because of it and Nicolas always told me to stay out of it because it wasn't my business. I regret that everyday." She says quietly, "Anywho, i used to want to work with people with special needs."

"You did?"

"Yeah, obviously whenever i thought that i could get a job. I mean, the pocket money papa would give me, i would donate it to the school for learning disabilities. Nonna had a learning disability as well, i started doing it when she died." She says, "Okay no more sad shit, you look so pretty."

"I always look pretty." Luca sits up, and as he does, his eyes trail to me. "Hello."

Arabella looks at me, "Hi."

"Very pretty." I look at Luca. She did how she would usually do her makeup but on him.

"I know." Luca helps her put all her stuff back in her makeup bag.