101. Roman

"Do you wanna go in here?" I ask Romeo, pointing toward the toy store.

He looks in, "Don't like toys."

I stop walking, "What do you like?" I crouch down, his small hand still in mine.

He shrugs.

God this kid is impossible.

I remember doing research and sometimes children don't play with toys that are as developed as them. He's over developed. So what do i get a four year old with the brain of a ten year old?

"Do you have phone?" I ask him.

He frowns, my frown. "I'm three."

"Ipad?"

"Aria and Matty share with me." He blinks slowly, "We can go toy store."

I nod my head, standing up and walking into the toy store with my men following behind me. "I liked dinosaurs when i was your age."

"Matteo is into dinos." He clears his throat, "Piano."

"You want a piano?"

"Mommy plays it." He leads me.

I didn't know that.

"Can you play it?"

He shrugs.

The only 'piano' in the store was a blue kids keyboard.

"How about we go to a music store?" I suggest.

He nods his head, "Legs hurt."

"Want me to lift you?"

He nods his head again.

I lift him and he keeps his small hand wrapped around my middle finger as i walk out of the store.

Thankfully there was a music shop in the mall and he asks to let go of me once we arrive.

"Can i help you sir?" A lady asks.

"No." I follow Romeo, follow him straight to this black grand piano.

He climbs onto the seat and i stand behind him.

His fingers were so small.

He presses a key, presses another key and then starts with his other hand.

And the little fucker plays a tune.

"How old is he?" The same woman asks.

"He's four in two weeks." I look at him, he's extraordinary.

"He's amazing. Child prodigy?"

"Definitely something like that."

"He looks just like you." She attempts to rub my arm.

"He's a lot like my wife too." I look down at her, "Touch me again and i'll break your fingers."

I've never seen a girl look more scared.

"Romeo, want that one?" I ask.

He nods his head, jumping off the stool and extending his arms for me to carry him. 

I lift him up and walk to the cashier, "The black one." I point.

"That's half a million dollars, sir. For someone the age of your child i think it's safer to go with something smaller."

Romeo sighs heavily, "That one."

I smile. "You heard the kid."

He nods his head, i make my men take care of the details as i take Romeo into build a bear.