102. Arabella

The house is completely done. Romeo and Roman surprised me with a beautiful grand piano, i can't wait to start playing it, the kids are turning four and Valentina is walking into the foyer with bags and balloons.

"Valentina?" I raise an eyebrow.

She stops, i haven't seen her yet. "My god." She smiles, "You're beautiful, come here."

"Shhh kids are still asleep." I walk into the living room which Asher spent all night decorating. She follows me, dropping the bags and then pulling me into her arms.

"I missed you." She hugs me tightly.

"I missed you too." I like hugging. I regret not hugging everyone before i left. "Is Carlo coming?"

"He's on his way now with Rosa." She looks around, "God, i remember doing this for Luca and Rosa."

I smile, my attention turning toward a very tired looking Romeo walking in.

"Jesus fucking Christ." Valentina gasps. "Oh my god, that is a mini Roman."

Romeo looks at her, blinks and then looks at me, then looks around the room as if he's forgot he's turning four today. "Oh." He look back at Valentina.

"Do you remember who i told you that was?" I ask him, lifting him onto the couch.

"Nonna Valentina." He yawns.

Valentina pouts, on the verge of tears while Romeo rubs his eyes with his hand.

"Happy birthday, little one." I sit beside him.

He just nods, cuddling up to me. He apologised about the mice thing, and gave his siblings toys as sorry and said he wouldn't do it again. He had his first meeting with Gwendoline last week and it went okay, she was shocked when she seen him.

"Where's the dads?" Valentina asks, sitting opposite us.

"Knocked out, they underestimate how tiring having children can be." I run my fingers through Romeo's curls, "Asher did all of this, Ilaria wouldn't let go of Luca until he read her the entire bookshelf and Roman and Romeo were feeding the horses until times they shouldn't be fed at."

Romeo smiles, "Papa fell."

I smile, "He did?"

"Into the poopoo."

Maybe that's why Roman took so long in the shower.

"How'd he fall?"

He looks up at me, "Papa is scared of chickens."

Roman is not scared of chickens. I refuse to believe that.

"No he isn't!" I gasp.

Romeo nods his head with a small smile, "He's scared."

I need to see that.

Heavy footsteps on the stairs grab my attention and then a couple seconds later, Luca stands by the door. "Hey mom." He waddles over. Literally wearing his boxers. That's it.

"Put clothes on." Valentina gives him a dirty look.

"It's too hot for clothes." He sits down, "Happy birthday, little man." He winks at Romeo.

Romeo nods his head in response, baby doesn't like birthdays.

"So when are you two having one?" Valentina asks, she's curious.

"We're thinking of it, need to let the first three settle down first." Luca answers, "They're all awake by the way, Asher's helping them prank Roman."

Of course he is.