38. Roman

Arabella was asleep whenever i opened the bunker again. The drugs worked, clearly, she was completely passed out on the chair.

"She's gonna fucking kill you, both of you." Asher walks in, holding his side where a bullet grazed past him.

"You should go to the hospital." Luca says, he's not in better condition, had seven onto one, he's beat black and blue.

"Says you." Asher sneers, attempting to lift Arabella up but wincing in pain.

I crouch down, hooking my arms underneath bent legs and putting her arm around my knock, lifting her. "She's never going to trust you again." Asher walks out.

I know. But i couldn't let her sit there and watch all us fight. She would have had an aneurism if she seen Luca floored by the guys.

I walk her into the nicer living room, setting her on the couch and placing a blanket over her. "Medics are on their way." Vincent walks in. "I couldn't get hold of any of the Costa's."

"Send someone to check on them." I stroke Arabella's cheek, her soft skin, rosy cheeks. She's beautiful.

"How long will she be asleep for?" Luca asks, sitting where her feet are.

"Couple more hours." I see the tear stains over her cheeks. I lick my thumb and wipe them away.

I sit on the floor as Asher sits on the couch beside her head, i just look at her, and how fucking beautiful she is. And how i killed twenty four men tonight because they tried to hurt her.

I yawn.

I haven't slept in three days. My nightmares are bad and i hate how weak they make me.

"Sleep man." Luca puts her feet on his lap, untying her shoes gently.

"Need to torture somebody." I took one of the younger men that were here, they all have the same Costa tattoo just one thing about about it is different, instead of the snake, it's a cross. The younger ones always break easily.

"Leave it for tonight man. He's in the barn. No one will get him." Asher groans, "Just sleep."

Yeah they can wait.

I rest my head on Arabella's stomach, closing my eyes. Her scent overfills me, her stomach moving up and down with every breath she takes. I put one arm underneath her, resting the other between her breasts, right on her heart.

I fall asleep listening the beat of her heart.

It calms me, soothes me, the steady beat beating into my hand as she breathes peacefully.

And for once, I wake. Not by a nightmare, but by an unfamiliar feeling throughout my hair. The room is light now, i can hear people chatting in the background. Asher is still passed out with her head on his lap, i can hear Luca snore behind me.

Asher's wound had been patched up, i assume Luca's have been too.

Arabella senses i'm awake and her heartbeat raises under my fingers, "Get off me." She says quietly.

I raise my head, still tired, but look look at her. She had tears in her eyes, "Why are you-"

"You lied to me." She turns so she's laying on her side, "Don't talk to me ever again."

I stare at her in understanding, her silent cries as she sobs into Asher with her hand covering her mouth. Her body curled over.

I leave before making everything worse, the bodies were being carried out by my men, "Is Arabella okay?" Katrina asks when she sees me.