85. Roman

I look at Arabella curled up on the couch, my hand marks around her neck.

I felt the nightmare coming and couldn't wake myself up. I'm usually able to.

Rosa walks in, "You could at least apologise to her, you know? Two days, Roman. The girl thinks you hate her."

I can't talk to her, i can't put words together. I hurt her. I hurt the only person in this life i care about. I hurt her. I could have killed her if it was just us home. If Asher didn't pull me off her she would have been dead.

I look back at Arabella.

She's absolutely beautiful. How can she possibly love someone like me?

I don't answer back to Rosa, just leave the living room and walk down to the basement where Asher was. I slap the back of his chair to wake him up, there's been some hits on my men that we're hiding from Arabella, we don't want her to worry anymore than she already does.

He jumps, "Fuck man, couldn't have shook my shoulder or something?"

"Find anything?" I sit down.

"No. Not a thing. It's like they're fucking invisible." He shakes his head.

Four men dead but not a suspect? Ive usually figured it out after the first one.

The doorbell rings and we get up.

However, Arabella was already at the door, she opens it and is immediately thrown back.

Asher runs to her while i pull my gun out of my belt, pointing it at the guy there. I've never seen this dude in my life. 

"Take her upstairs." I say to Asher.

"No keep the bitch down here." The guy walks in, and behind him i see a gun to my sisters head as another guy brings her in.

"Put the gun down or her brain goes splat." The boss talks.

"Let my sister go or your brains go splat." I know Luca's upstairs, they don't know he's there. We have leverage right now. 

"There's a trail of men already dead, Reign. Dont want to put out another Regno." He smirks.

I don't lower my gun.

I do resist the urge to pull the trigger.

"Put it down, Reign."

I take a step forward, "You first."

"I don't work like that."

"Well tell me how you do work and we'll negotiate."

"How about this, if you don't put the gun down, your sister will get it first. Dead or alive, it doesn't bother me. And then... your wife will get it." Fucking sick.

"Let him shoot me, Roman." Roma says in Italian.

"No." I say back in Italian.

"New rule, only speaking English." Boss guy looks at Arabella, then he pulls a gun at her and Asher pulls a gun on him.

"Put the gun down, Roman." Asher says in Italian.

"Don't make me shoot this pretty one, i'd rather have her alive." His eyes hood as he looks at Arabella predatorily.

"They don't know we have leverage. Armani will come up with something." I say quickly in Italian, "Asher drop your gun." I say in English.

"No." Asher argues.

"Drop it, Reid." I order.

He drops his gun.

"Now your man lets go of my sister." I say to the boss.

With a single raise of his finger, he lets go of my sister who was clearly overwhelmed and panicked.

I drop my gun after that and boss does the same.

"From now on, i'll make the rules." He grabs my sister, pushing him to Asher. "Tie them both up."

I glance up at the stairs quickly to see just the tiniest peak of Luca's hair.

One of his men walk to Arabella and grab her arm with force, Asher punches him in the face and picks Arabella up himself. "Just cooperate."

The guy grabs Arabella and Roma, Arabella laces her fingers through Roma's and lets the guy drag them away.

"Where's the other one?"

"At his hotel." I look at him. "Now who are you?"

"They call me Don-"

"Who the fuck is they?" Asher glares at him.

"Regno." Don looks at me.

"Regno are no longer, your act is boring."

"Yes we established you killed your dad... and your mom... and your three brothers... left your sister to rot but." He looks at me, "You forgot one brother."

"Any other brother of mine is irrelevant." I look back at him. "Especially if they've stayed hidden for this long."

He stands right in front of me, smaller and i could definitely take him in a fight but Arabella is being held captive and i need to be smart, no matter how hard i'm finding it to focus recently. I need to do something.

"Now the fuck do you want with me before a hundred Italian men come running in here to kill you."

"You have something that belongs to me."

"What?"

He just smiles and walks past me, into the living room where Arabella and Roma were on the couch with their hands tied, i could see Rosa hid in the corner of the room with a blanket over her. Clever girl.

"She's pretty." He looks at Arabella.

"You let your eyes drift to her again and i'll rip them from your skull." I stand in front of her. "What do you want?"

"Okay." He sits down, right beside where Rosa was hid. "I initially came for your status but i'm looking at your wife and i want her."

"I'm not for sale you fucking ass hat." Arabella says through gritted teeth. That is my girl.

I bite back a smile.

Don looks at us again, "Sure you'll understand, Roman. But you're used to getting what you want? Right?"

"Fuck off and stop with the beating round the bush. What do you want?" Asher raises his voice.

"Okay. I've heard about this notorious Regno who went lonesome and built an empire from his reputation." He leans back, "Trying to figure out where he is."

"Listen, fuck face. I can't be bothered with your shit." Arabella lifts her zip tied hands up, then forces them down on her knee with force until it rips.

One of his men push her down and i push him away, grabbing the back of his neck and pushing it down while i lift my knee, feeling his nose crack under my knee.

Then i kick him out of the room, turning to face Don. "Lay your hands on her and i will kill you one by one. What is it you want?"

He smiles cockily, nods his head.

"Roman watch out!" Arabella shouts.

Right before somethings wrapped around my neck.

I see her being pushed down by Don while i struggle with a chlorine rag covering my mouth and a rope around my neck, Asher in the same situation as me.

I push my elbow back but i was breathing in too much. The chlorine was making me go light headed.

For fucks sake.

Why does this shit happen at the worst times?

"Get the fuck off me." Was the last thing I heard before it all went black, and it was Arabella that shouted it.

=
=
=
=
=
yeah yeah yeah we're nananana nothing but icons 🎶🎶🎶🎶

hahosjjswbs idk if y'all gonna love me or hate me for the storyline i chose to do but anyway

word count: 1203