113: bonus chapter

"Here you go." I hand Roman a hotdog.

"Thanks, love." He takes it off me, shifting in his seat. Roman broke his leg and is completely lost without it.

How did he break it? Our sixteen year old is extremely fast and apparently has a death wish. Romeo was trying to chase after someone in the forrest across from our lake, so Roman had to chase after Romeo.

Romeo tackles the guy into the lake at the same time Roman tackled Romeo, only Roman tripped at the end and broke his shin.

Then Romeo drowned a guy in my lake.

That isn't even the first time. My son was a made man by the age of seven. Who did he kill? His brothers bully.

Now he's old enough to make his own decisions, i make sure he as the right training. But he's too clever, he's too fast, he's too much like Roman. Roman hates it, Roman was supposed to be the only Roman; in some ways i think Romeo is more clever than Roman. The manipulation, murder, brain tricks; everything.

"Mom, can i have another one?" Emilio asks.

I give him my one, Luca's cooking more on the barebecue.

Romeo and Matteo walk out, Ilaria following behind them. They took her shopping and i can tell she's done exactly what she told me she was going to do. Annoy them as much as possible. They look very annoyed.

"Did you guys have fun?" I ask.

"If by fun you meant getting dragged into every single store to walk the aisle up and down only to buy one thing that was at the front of the store then yeah, so much fun." Matteo sits down.

Ah, Ilaria takes after me.

"I got everyone gifts though." She holds a bag up. She goes around, handing everyone a gift. When she gets to me, she hands me two, then sits beside me.

"You got two, that's no fair." Asher tries to lift one of mine up but she slaps his hand away, saying something to him in Chinese.

I open one of the boxes, it was a cookie. I open the other one and it was a necklace of her name.

"I love this." I take it out of the box, handing it to her.

She tucks my hair over my shoulder, putting the necklace around my neck.

I put the rings back on my finger now that the kids are older. On my neck, i wear three, now four, necklaces.

One is what Alessio made me at school, it's a simple threaded one but it has two beads. One with A one with E. For him and his brother. The other, Matteo gifted me for my birthday this year, it's an M. Then the other, Romeo stole for me. He won't tell me who he stole it from but the beads spell out his name in morsecode. Ilaria was the only one missing but i have a ring with her name engraved on the inside, guess i have this now too.

"Thanks, darling." I kiss her cheek, everyone else just got a cookie.

Romeo pulls out his own food, he has a thing about barbecues and says the ash can cause respiratory problems in the future.

Luca hands us out more food and then joins us, sitting with the twins.

"Mom, can i go out tonight?" Romeo asks.

"Where?" I bite a burger.

"No you can't, you're still grounded." Roman says from behind me.

"I didn't even do anything." Romeo sighs.

"You chased a random tourist through our forrest and drowned him, resulting in me breaking my leg-"

"I didn't ask you to follow after me, that was on you-"