57. Arabella

"You're not allowed a wife." I plop myself between Asher and Roman on the couch, they're working, yes. But i'm an attention seeker and i want their attention.

I heard Asher tell Roman his parents tried to get him married off. No.

"How come you're allowed to be married?" Asher raises an eyebrow, hanging an arm across my shoulder.

I give him a, 'seriously?' look and he smiles.

"This is why." I clear my throat, "Hey blondie, let's get a divorce-"

"The only way you're getting rid of me is if i'm dead." He shifts, moving away from me, "What do you want? We're working."

I pinch his nipple through his shirt, "Attention. Luca is torturing someone, i'm bored as hell, and you two are in my proximity." I give them a toothy grin.

"Arabella, four of my men have gone missing. I can't deal with you right now." He gets up, walking away.

I stare at his back until he disappears and then shift my gaze onto Asher. "He claims he loves me but says shit like that."

"Don't worry tìan xīan, you're the centre of my world. What do you want to do?" He pulls me onto his lap.

"Wanna watch dance moms with me?" I give him my puppy eyes. I have started watching dance moms and also came to the conclusion the guys would literally do anything, and i mean anything else, rather than watch it with me.

Last time i put it on the TV, Luca counted how many freckles i had on my back he was that bored. Roman re-laced his entire shoe collection and although that man wears black shoes, he has like fifty different pairs.

Asher's mouth drops a little, "Uh... sure?"

He's my next victim.

I hug him tightly then grab the remote, putting the TV series on.

It was four minutes before he started getting back to work just with me on his lap. They have no taste at all. No taste.

Ten minutes in and Roman interrupts us, turning off the TV off, he was angry, i could see it. "Come." He looks at me.

I get off Asher and walk to Roman, he grabs my hand and leads up the stairs, not saying a word, then into his room and onto the bed.

"What-"

Before i could finish, he draped his heavy body over mine, wrapped his arms around me tightly and buried his head in my neck. Roman likes this hugging position, i mean, it's rare when he does it but i know he likes it. I wish he'd do it more often.

I stroke his back gently, "What happened?"

He stays quiet, his warm breath on my neck.

We laid like this for a while until his lips part on my neck, "Can you... the thing you do with my hair?"

I raise my hand to the back of his head, lacing my fingers through his pretty blonde hair, he relaxes into me, his body weight becoming heavier but i didn't care.

I wanted to cry. I think i'm the only person that's treated him like a normal human since his mother died. Genuinely. Everybody demonises him and, because they think he's a psychopath, they don't treat him normally.

"You okay?" I ask.

He hums, "Just needed you."

See, i want him to be an ass but then he says stuff like this and i want to cry for him.

I want to know him. I know i can love him if i know him but he won't open up.

I play with his hair while he does a normal human thing, sleeping. He hardly sleeps, i also noticed that. So i made sure to keep playing with his hair and allowing him to relax while he rested.

There was three knocks on the door which cause him to stir but not wake up. I don't say anything in case it woke him up, then the door opens and Asher walks in. He smiles, "I'll come back later."

"What is it?"

"Something about Roman, it's all good, let him rest." He winks, then turns and walks away quietly.

Roman sleeps four two hours before he finally wakes, i was half asleep, my eyes heavy from forcing them to stay open. He doesn't get off me straight away, he takes a couple of deep breaths and then turns onto his side, "Did i hurt you?" He asks, a scratch in his voice.

"No." I face him, raising my hand to his cheek, "Are you okay?"

He looks around my eyes before nodding his head, "Haven't slept properly for a while."

"You should go to the doctors about it. You hardly sleep, it isn't healthy."

He smiles as if he found me comical, kissing my forehead. "What time is it?"

"Like nine thirty, Asher came in for you." I'm going to sleep, unlike Roman, i can sleep for hours upon hours, and still be tired. He functions on a cup of coffee and thirty minutes sleep.

"Hm. Sleep with me tonight." He says as a statement rather than a question and sits up, "Stay here."

"Yes sir." I get under his covers right away.

He gets off the bed and walks out of the room, leaving the door open.

He doesn't have a TV in his room because he's boring so i just stare at the ceiling until he returns, "You can stay with Luca tonight." He opens his closet.

"But you just said-"

"Have business, love. Luca's staying home." He changes in front of me, very quickly, man i really love his thighs. "I'll be home by four."

I get out of his bed, "Be safe-"

He quickly walks to me and wraps his fingers around my throat, forcing my lips onto his, "Say your goodbye properly next time." He mumbles against my lips.

I kiss him back harder, our tongues just passing by each other before he pulls away, "Make sure to sleep, and eat"

"Yes." I kiss his cheek, "Goodbye, blondie."

He walks away with a smile on his face, then i run downstairs and quickly hug Asher before he goes, "Be safe, love you." I kiss his cheek.

"See you later." He kisses the top of my nose.

Then i slide across the floor, put on someone's shoes that we're six sizes too big, and trot my way into the bar house.

Luca was sitting on a chair, Aaron was hanging from the ceiling. "Oh, they fucked you up." I look at his broken and bruised body, but Romans keeping him alive so that he'd rather die than endure Roman any longer.

Luca looks up, "What are you doing here?" his eyes drop to my feet, "And why are you wearing my shoes?"

"Because why not." I look at Aaron again, "Uh... does he have information?"

"I'm waiting for him to wake up again, he's unconscious." Luca puts his phone down, "And you're supposed to be in the house, go."

"No." I smile.

"Arabella, Roman will put me up in here too if he found out you were in here." He stands up.

"He won't find out." I drags his shoes along the barn floor, turning to look at the damage that has been done to Aaron. I know they're going to do more.

Luca let's me do an initial look before pulling me away and hanging me over his shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"I wanna sleep but i don't want to sleep alone." I let him carry me because my legs are so tired from Romans weight.

"I'll be ten minutes." He sets me down inside the house, "My room."

I poke his belly button then step out of his shoes and make mt way upstairs. I do my usual night routine and then dive into his bed, waiting for him to come up.

Only, he doesn't.

=
=
=
=
=
SO TIRED it's literally 2AM

word count: 1322