68. Roman

Arabella dumps the shredded papers into my hands, then walks away.

"Dickhead." Asher walks after her.

Luca looks at me, "Why would you even... Like... Why?"

"I don't want to fight for someone not worth my time." I stand up, shoving the papers into the trashcan.

It makes sense to me. It gives me control. They don't understand that.

He scoffs, "It's because you do shit like this. That's why she's not giving you the reaction you want. You want her to love you? Don't shove a divorce in her face and give her two options."

"If she signed it, it wouldn't have meant you two couldn't see her."

"Not the point, Roman." He walks away, the air from outside sending a cold breeze through the living room.

Juliana sighs from the armchair, "I can't believe you."

"I'm taking her home."

"Not while she's still recovering."

"She made her decision." I stand up, "She doesn't want to divorce."

"Let me talk to her." Juliana stands up and then we're all gathered by the lake, Arabella sitting with a yellow duckling on her lap.

Luca and Asher kept a distance and Juliana sat down beside her, "It's not too late to change your mind."

"Why would i do that?" Arabella looks up, her eyes meeting mine. "Just because i said i didn't love you doesn't mean i wasn't close. If you kept trying i would have, Roman. You had become one of my favourite people to be around and you dropped that all for what? Because it wasn't in your time frame?" She says calmly, though the anger lacing through her voice didn't miss me.

I swallow, "You're a distraction."

"I am not, Roman. Your feelings do not get to determine my worth." She places the duckling on the ground. "I won't let you ruin yourself, Roman Reign." She pushes my shoulder with her strong hand, "I will never let you do that. You have overcome too much for me to allow that happen. I won't let you self-destruct all because you're a stubborn bastard."

I could hear the emotion in her voice, she's fighting for me; for us.

Something no one has ever done before.

How am i supposed to forget her when she's doing this?

"Sign the papers."

"No. I won't ever sign them. You..." She pokes my chest, "You have to live with this. I have no problem acting the sort of a weak, Italian wife. Everybody here knows you're the true weak one, Roman. God, you're that weak you can't even confront your own feelings. That's your problem, and i'm going to remind you of it every single fucking day until you realize running from your feelings won't eradicate them."

I sigh, "We're leaving."

"Happily." She walks back into the house.

"You're going to fuck this up so the only thing she can do is hate you." Asher says.

"That's the point." I walk back into the house, i exit through the front door and wait in the car while they got her stuff ready.

She gets in the back of the car, her airpods in and music turned loud to the point where i could hear it.

I sigh, starting to drive.

She doesn't say a word to anyone when we arrive back to the lakehouse, she goes straight to the docks to feed the ducks.