105. Roman

Romeo shakes my shoulder.

I open my eyes, confused to why he's down in the basement for, "Why are you down here?" I ask.

"Someone's in the driveway." He starts walking back up the stairs but i grab him, keeping him down here. I check the CCTV footage. I know who this is. Shit.

"Stay down here-"

"I'm getting mommy."

"I'll get your mom, just you stay here." I run up the stairs quickly, then up to the kids room. I pick them up while they were sleeping, then run into the bedroom. I nudge Arabella, her eyes open wide. "Basement, now."

She sits up, "What?"

"Basement." I nudge Luca and Asher, "Someone's outside."

She tries to take the kids off me but i walk down stairs with them, only to see the door is open.

I look at the door to the basement open to.

Romeo is going to give me a heart attack.

"Where's Romeo?" She asks.

"Get to the basement." I hand her the kids, pulling my gun out of its holster and walking outside.

Just my four year old having a stare off with a psychopath, nothing new.

This new Japanese family moved nearby, they were normal until i did research and found out they're part of the yakuza. Which means they're all fucking criminals.

This one, the oldest, is called Yuto, he's a psychopath. Been arrested fifteen times, served time in a maximum security prison in Japan. He's clinically a fucking psychopath.

"Roman." He looks at me, then smiles at Romeo, "Mini Roman."

Romeo jsut stares at the guy.

"It's not known that you have a son, how old is he? He's got some nerve, i do admit."

"What do you want, Yuto?" I put my hand on Romeo's shoulder.

"Your men didn't do the deal right."

"What deal?"

"The drugs, Reign. They didn't pay me the right amount."

"You're getting in a pissy mood because of some money?" I try and pull Romeo behind me but the kid just stood there.

Yuto bends down, Romeo watches him carefully, "He's a mini you. Was it your wife that raised him? Though, i haven't actually seen her in a while." He smiles, "Hello, what's your name."

Romeo turns to look at me before shaking his head and walking inside.

"What's his name?" Yuto asks.

"Why do you care?"

"I'm curious, no one even knew there was a mini you."

"I'm sure no one knows about your girlfriend too, hm? The teacher." I do my research on my enemies.

His smile drops, "How do you know about her?"

"What do you want? If it's drug money take it up with Giovanni, he does the drugs." I hear footsteps behind me.

I turn my body to the side so i can see Yuto and my son, holding a fucking pistol.

"So you're son is stupid, got it."

Without even thinking, Romeo raises the gun, pulls the trigger that sends him back a couple of steps but Yuto makes a pained sound, holding his knee.

I smile at Romeo, "Good job, kid." I take the pistol off him, picking him up. "Hurry up, Yuto."