98. Roman

"She was definitely made for this life." Asher stands beside me, watching Arabella in the lake with the kids, i'm going to get a pool installed just so they don't have to swim in the lake. It's clean, but i'd rather them swim in a pool.

She put floaters on all three of them, Ilaria asked me to help her change into her swimsuit as well because she couldn't. She's adorable, and a literal mini Arabella, she's so sassy.

I didn't cut the crusts of her bread off her sandwich and she gave me the dirtiest look ever.

Romeo seemed to be swimming already, just a three year old doing back strokes, normal.
I feel bad for Arabella. She says she loves him but Romeo is everything she didn't want. She didn't want a sociopathic child, she got one, and it's my genes that caused it. We did a genetics test, sociopathic genes run in my family, it's likely my father was one as well which explains an awful lot.

The DNA test did also prove that her assumption was correct. Two are Asher's and one is mine.

It's only been a week, the kids are still warming up to us. Matteo is the most open one and he and Asher get along very well. We're still a little mad, well, we are mad. But we have three kids now and while that changes a lot of things. If there's one thing I'll never change about myself it's the way i raise my kids.

I grew up with parents who hated each other and i promised myself that i would never put a child through that. I would never let the kids see Arabella and us arguing, talking about what happened. We'll do that when they're settled in more and when they're sleeping.

We talk late at night, she never stops apologising for not letting us see them but i also understand completely where she is coming from. She would have died if she stayed with us, whether that was from threats, or from herself. She needed to get away. So she did.

She could have approached it a little better, but at the same time we knew if she told us her location, or that she was leaving, we would have found a way to get her back. Same with if she told us about the kids, we would have forced her to stay here. We don't try and deny that we would, it's what we do. So i glad she got what she needed, but we have four years of memories to catch up and that's what i'm the most mad about.

We're decorating at the moment, putting up a partition in one of the bigger rooms so Matteo and Ilaria can have their own space. Then giving Romeo his own space.

He really is so much like me when i was a child, only he's growing up with a mother that will love him endlessly.

Arabella is such a good parent, she's amazing. She doesn't favour any of them, she spends equal time with them, she's so happy around them too.

She's beautiful.

"She was out with the horses this morning." I say to Asher, "She likes the farm life."

"Anything that makes her happy." He starts washing the kids plates. They have these cute plastic plates, Ilaria and Matteo have animals on theirs and Romeos is pure white with sections because he has a thing about his food touching.

"Where's Luca?" I ask.

"He's feeding the animals."

I'm going to build an extension on the house, make the kids a little play room. It's only a four bedroom house, Arabella never intended on having triplets.

But Asher gave up his room and is sharing with Luca for the time being, Arabella's sleeping with me or the guys it depends. Matteo and Ilaria are in Asher's bad and Romeos in the spare room. We're decorating to make it more kid safe.

The extension will add an extra couple bedrooms and that'll be good anyway, i just want to make sure they had everything. And i want to make sure the next have everything too. Arabella and Luca were talking about their own yesterday.