18. Roman

"You two seriously need to sit down and have a good little chat." Luca hacks into some shitty apartment complex security cameras that i'm surprised still work. "She's downtown, that shits dangerous for a girl like her."

"Shits dangerous anywhere she goes, you fucking idiot." I turn the screen toward me, playing it back until it showed her walking in with some tall Asian guy, his hand on her lower back.

I'm going to kill him.

"Find out who he is." I look away, crackling my knuckles.

Luca passes the laptop on to Vincent who starts typing away.

"Nicolas is going to try and get her to return home to him, Marco isn't happy though, and Juliana called-"

"Tell Juliana to fuck off too." I can't deal with her mom right now.

"Too bad, she's in the foyer."

I stand up, walking out of the room and into the foyer where Juliana was waiting. "I was watching the hotel." She says, her voice laced with anger. "And i seen her walk out, crying. And then i seen some man hug her as she cried to him, and then i seen her get in his car."

"I hurt your daughters feelings and she's upset, that what you want to hear?" I sigh. I don't feel bad either. I wish i felt bad, but i don't.

"What did you do?" She steps forward, her heels clicking off my marble floor.

"I fucked her face, apparently she doesn't like giving head." I shrug.

Juliana takes a deep breath to contain herself and then she shakes her head disappointingly as she looks at me. "This was a mistake, divorce her-"

"No." She's mine now.

"Roman."

"Juliana. This is your fault. You know how my mind works and how i work. You handed me your daughter in return for her protection, i'm granting that. I will, and have, protected her to the point i'm getting fucking obsessed with her. That's your fault. You did that. So i don't care if she doesn't like me. She's mine now. And i get to do whatever the fuck i want to do with her."

"I will bring hell on you, Reign." She stands close to my face, i wonder how Arabella ended up so small. Both her mother and father are tall. "That is my daughter, and i don't want to see her getting thrown about like a piece of meat."

"You can try all you want to get her away from me but i'll kill you. Mother or not. She already thinks your dead so that won't be a problem at all."

"You would do that to me?"

"I couldn't care who i have to hurt in order to get what i want. People say it's the psychopath in me." I give her a sarcastic smile.

"She'll hate you."

"She already does."

"And you're willing to let her?"

"She doesn't have to like me, Juliana. She just has to be mine. I give her more leeway then any man in my position would and she doesn't seem to fathom that, that's on her. If she wants me to treat her like a true fucking Italian man then i will-"

"You will not, Roman." She raises her voice. "You're in love with her?"

"I don't love."

"But you do with her. You're forgetting i knew you when you were a kid. You've changed, and it's ever since you've been around her."

I know she's right, and i hate to admit that she's right.

I stay quiet.

"Arabella is an easy girl to please. You give her the right amount of attention and she will fall at your feet." She takes a step back. "My daughter could more as well be in love with you too, Roman. If you tried."