86. Roman

When i wake up, i'm hanging from the ceiling, in a room with a two way mirror. I could see Arabella hanging too, just her underwear on, my bruises around her neck, but different bruises around her body.

I pull on the rope, "Arabella." I shout.

"She can't hear you." Someone calls from behind me. "She was nice, i enjoyed her very much-"

"Oh i swear to god if you-"

"Shhh." Don walks around, clapping his hands twice and then two men walk into Arabella's room.

And they take turns hitting her while she's unconscious.

I keep calm. On the outside, i'm monotone. On the inside my heart is aching. She's unconscious for fucks sake.

"Hm, either you've masked the i don't care facade or you really don't care." He claps again and they stop.

"I'm a sociopath. What makes you think i care?" I speak up.

"Nights on the mountain." He leans against the mirror, "How do you let your friends fuck your wife?"

"Shows how much i care." I clear my throat again.

"Dad was right, you really are a cold hearted bastard." He shakes his head, "I never believed you were such a monster."

"Who the fuck are you man? I can assure you every Italian capo in this city is looking for me at the moment and when they find me, which they will, they'll not take it easy on you." I say with my voice completely montone and even, bored sounding.

"So dad raped this woman once and i was the outcome." He bows as if it's some kind of achievement. "And i want the Regno crown."

"Have the Regno crown. My other brothers are dead-"

"You need to die-"

"I stopped taking the name Regno after my mother died." I look him dead in the eye, "Reign is my title, and you'll have to go through a whole lot more than me to get it."

"You're not understanding me, big brother." He stand right in front of me. "I'm sick of living in your shadow, people get to know me and the only thing they say is oh you're Romans brother then. They don't even acknowledge Regno. They only care about you. I want to be like that. I want to have that power."

Fucking delusional.

"Killing me will not give you the power, it'll go to Asher, or Luca, and even after that to my second in Chicago." I glance at Arabella's head rolling forward. "You'd have to go through a thousand men."

"I have Asher, i'll find Luca. But i want to be you brother." He slaps my arm with a massive smile. "I want your wife and i want your house and the ducks and the lake and-"

"You won't get it." I shut him up. "You won't be me."

His face drops, "Yes i will."

"No you won't. Even if you manage to get through the hundred of my New York capo's, you're not getting through Ferrari." Ciro and his girlfriend would kill him before he even gets the chance, they're on some Bonnie and Clyde type shit.

"The assassins boyfriend?"

"She killed fifteen people by assassinating a private jet. You won't even be able to step foot in Chicago." I shake my head, "If it's power you want, you won't get it. You need people to respect you."

"Like they respect you?" His eyes widen. He's gullible and i'm assuming easy to manipulate.

"Any one of my men would die for me that's how much they respect me." I say, and that's the truth. Joys of being Capo, i guess.