52. Arabella

I just want to live in a lake house, a nice, cute one, with no threat at all.

Instead, everywhere i go, there's a fucking threat.

Roman forces me to walk in front of him as Asher and Luca make their way to the weird guy. Romans covering my entire body with his.

Ruined my fucking day. I wanted to watch the sun go down. Not get escorted away by my husband.

"Stop sulking, we can go another day." He goes to open the car door but his hand just stops on the handle.

He looks over to the other car, "Don't open it." He says to mom, "Leave it."

"Why?" She steps away, handing Afra to Gia.

I swear he has a sixth sense.

He looks around, "Come on." His eyes land on something and we follow him to a cafe. The woman just nodded and when we all walked in, she locked the door after.

"Thank you." Roman says to her.

"What was it?" I ask.

"I could hear ticking." He looks at the cars, then down at his phone. He dials a couple numbers, talking in fast Italian i couldn't be bothered to listen to.

He walks to the window, looking out of the large glass. "Bulletproof, Madi?" He turns to look at the woman.

"Yes, Roman." The girl says, "Installed a fortnight ago, we had a drive by."

"I'll pay for any damages." He dials another number.

Valentina walks over to me, "You look angry."

"Just wanted to have a nice day out." I say truthfully. "Can never do that."

Roman looks to me when i say that, still talking on the phone.

"And then i feel bad when i go in moods like this because i know they're just trying to keep me safe."

Mom looks over to me, "You shouldn't be feeling bad for wanting to experience a normal life, darling." She bounces Afra on her knee.

Roman talked to me about moving soon, he doesn't like the house we're in right now. He wants to get closer to Manhattan, or even Italy. I hated both ideas, i like where we are now. He said it'd be better for business and not everyone would know where we lived.

So he's going to start looking at other houses soon.

Then he talked about vacation and i was okay with the idea at first, especially because we didn't get a honeymoon, but he said he needs to go to South Africa on business. Not for me, just for business.

"Roman would you like any drinks?" The woman asks again, Madi, i think Roman said.

"The usual." He says, still pressing a phone to his ear.

Madi smiles, muttering "I know what you like.' to herself and walking to the back.

I roll my eyes, jealous, because even though i say i don't care for Roman, i do. I do care when other females show him attention and i get damn jealous too. I don't even know why, he's expressed his love for me and literally doing everything he can to earn my forgiveness and i'm still like, oh yeah he would probably cheat.

He gives me reassurance all the time and it's still not enough. I don't even know what i expect from him. I hate that i'm one of them girls, but when you grow up in a house full of men that forget your existence, it's normal. I don't know if i'm gonna wake up and one day Roman's just going to be bored of me.

"I can see the clock ticking in your head, Ari. What are you thinking about?" Mom asks, she looked worried. I wish she would have took me with her.

"Tired." I lie.