40. Luca

Roman drank his, like, fifteenth bottle of beer.

One thing about Roman is that he doesn't get drunk, like literally. But he's sitting here now, eyes heavy and red, high on drugs and consuming alcohol like there's no tomorrow and i can tell he's drunk.

"Maybe Arabella can tell him to stop." Asher mumbles.

"Were you there when she said all of that or are you just fucking stupid?" I slap the back of his head.

"Both of you shut up." His voice rasps, resting his chin on his hand.

He actually looks cute like this, all in love and shit. I mean, he's fucked it up completely but it's cute that he's aware.

He reaches in his pocket and pulls out another bag of coke.

Asher leans over and grabs it from him, "Sober up, buddy."

He shakes his head no, resting his elbows on the table and lowering his face into the hollow of his arms.

He's seriously messed up and he knows it.

Damn. I've never seen him like this.

He stays like that for an insane prolonged amount of time which causes Asher and I go look at him. Asher nudges his shoulder, Roman doesn't do as much as reply.

Jesus.

Asher checks his pulse and i could see the relief wash over him, "Okay, i think he's passed out." He breathes out, "Fuck man, what are we gonna do?"

"We can't just leave them to fuck and make up like usual." I slump on the couch, "This is like... a cycle at this point."

"Well no shit." Asher runs his hands through his hair. "Roman is stubborn, he won't even listen to us."

"Roman is the problem." I nod my head.

"But he was trying. He even slept with her."

True.

The door opens and Vincent walks in, "Is... Is he okay?"

"He's drunk and passed out." I stand up, "Can i help you?"

"Juliana is at the door, requesting to see Mr. Reign."

"Send her in." I rub my face, "Wonder what she's going to say now."

"Bet she snuck cameras around the house and recorded the conversation. Seems like some shit she'd do." He groans. There's too much going on. I have a headache. I need one of Arabella's cuddles.

Juliana struts in, "Care to tell me why a picture of my daughter was just sent to me?" She folds her arms across her chest.

"From who?" I ask.

"Unknown number. Bound to the wall, blood dripping form her nose." She throws me her phone. I didn't need to click it on. Arabella was tied to a pillar, cuffs around her hands and legs, she looked terrified.

I drop the phone right away, running straight to her bedroom.

Her empty bedroom.

The window wide open and when i look out of it, the ladder was still propped against the wall. I check in her closet, worry washing over me. I check every room in the house that she uses.

"Asher." I shout, running back down the stairs. "She's gone."

"What?" Asher and Juliana say in sync.

"They left the ladder against her window. She's gone." I walk to Roman, pushing him.

I lift him up, shaking his shoulders but he just passes out again, flopping onto the table.

Asher runs out of the room along with Juliana while i pull Romans gun out of his pocket, point it at him, and shoot. Just above his head.