94. Roman

"Have you heard from Keilani?" I ask Ciro over the phone, i haven't heard from her or Arabella for ages. Almost six hours.

"No."

"Call her."

"She told me not to."

"Well i'm telling you too."

"Don't take this to heart, Reign, but i'm choosing my girlfriend over you. She told me not to call her so i'm respecting her wishes."

"I'm your boss-"

He makes a cackling sound, "Oh my god the phones breaking up." He says completely fine and then starts making the sound again, "Bad connection-" Then he hangs up. Keilani has taught him to be a sarcastic bitch. I hate it.

"I can't reach Ash." Luca walks in. "He's not picking up."

For fucks sake.

We spent four hours trying to search for the both of them and come up completely empty. I had to call in the rest of my men who were free and they searched too.

I got a call twenty minutes later saying the whereabouts of Asher.

Drunk on a mountain.

Luca and I drive up and see him at the spot where we all went with Arabella, so many empty bottles of beer around him, drugs as well, even cigarettes. He's stopped doing drugs and smoking cigarettes for Arabella because she hated the smell of the cigarettes and didn't want him to get addicted to the drugs.

"Ash?" Luca calls.

He stayed staring at the horizon.

We walk up to him, his eyes red from the drugs but also he was clearly crying.

Luca nudges him and it seems to snap him from his gaze. I pull the beer form his hands, "What's going on?" I ask.

He looks at me, looks down, looks back up and closes his eyes, ignoring my question.

"Asher come on, man." I go to grab him but he pushes me away.

"Don't touch me." He says, his voice breaking. "Don't touch me."

"You need to sober up, buddy. We need to find Arabella." Luca crouched down. He thought something was wrong with Asher and he was right. Asher's usually the put together one.

"She's gone." He looks at the view again.

Luca looks at me, "What's that mean?"

I nudge Asher, "What does that mean?"

"She's gone." He raises his voice. "I seen her go."

"Go where?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Away from us. Don't fucking blame her." He stands up, stumbling over his steps, he almost fell off the damn cliff. I grab him, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Where is she?" I walk him away from the edge.

"She's gone." He says again.

"Where, Asher. I'm not fucking playing this game with you." Luca stops us from walking. "Where'd she go?"

He looks at Luca, "She's gone because she doesn't like us." His words slur. "Because we took her life away from her and she wants it back. I don't fucking know where she's gone but she's gone and if you find her i'm going to kill you myself." He pushes Luca. "Because she needs to go and get better because we're all dicks."

I want to pretend i didn't hear that.

"What?" Luca says quietly.

"I said she's gone." Asher shouts. "And..." He takes a breath, then pouts. "And i'm a bad person."