58. Roman

"Luca's not here." Arabella says on the phone, "I've checked everywhere and he's not here."

I look at Asher and he picks his phone up, calling Luca. "Who's home, love?"

"Just me. Literally. Not even Aaron is in the barn house."

Worry starts to wash through me, "Arabella you remember how to get to the safe house-"

"You're not drugging me."

"I'm not. But i need you in there right now. Can you do that for me?"

I hear her groan and then her soft little feet tapping, i could hear the machines turning on and i got the notification on my phone that the safe room is being used.

"Okay." She sighs. "In here."

"Facetime me." I keep my phone in my hand, accepting the call. She looked exhausted, her hair ruffled and eyes heavy, makeup smeared lightly. "Were you crying?"

"Yeah. Thought Luca was ignoring me." She sets her phone up, "What's happening?"

"Don't know, Vic is heading over now-"

"Where are you?"

"There's a man i need to kill." I look at the CCTV cameras on the hotel, "Turn on the screens love and tell me if you see anything."

I watch her through the screen and she does as i say, then i flick my eyes back to the screens i'm watching. A guy who killed four of my men strutting in.

"I'll take him. She'll want reassurance." Asher picks his gun up.

I nod my head to give him the order and he walks away. I put my attention back on Arabella, "See anything?"

"No just... i don't know but it looks like there's someone in my room."

"In your room?"

"Yeah, like, there's a lump under my covers."

I keep her on facetime but open the app that shows the cameras and go to her room. There was a lump under her covers, "Did you clean your room?" She has a habit of shoving her clothes under her covers.

"Yeah."

I look into the cameras in the hotel and see the one outback, Asher shot the guy. "I'm coming home now, keep on the line with me." I delete the footage from the hotel and meet Asher in the foyer.

It took a while to drive home, Arabella found a card game and was sitting on the floor playing it. "We're home but not gonna get you till-"

"Ah!" She screams, looking away from the camera. "Uh... Ro there's a scary guy looking in on me."

"Scary guy?"

"How safe is this thing?"

"No one will get you." I get out of the car, running in with Asher. We run to the library and don't try and hide our presence.

But i could have said, i did not expect to see an old friend here. "Dominic?"

He turns around, his face freshly beat up and bleeding. "Your girl is scared of me."

The guys 6"2 and has scars over his face, third degree burns that requires skin grafting and all, not to mention all the modification he had done. Of course she's scared of him.

"No shit, you look like something straight out of a horror movie. What happened?" Asher scans his hand on the scanner.

I move out of the way and look at Arabella, her eyes wide with terror, "You know him?"