30. Luca

Roman was different ever since Arabella bought up his scars. He went back to being an ass to her, to everyone. No more smiles, or hugs, or kisses, or petnames.

Just the cold-hearted Roman i knew.

It's driving Arabella insane, she keeps wondering what she did wrong and not understanding that it's the way Roman is.

"Hook your leg behind mine." I look into her eyes as we stand in the boxing ring. She does anything, literally anything, to get her mind off stuff.

Katrina is teaching her to crotchet, Vincent is teaching her to drive, she begs for me to help her with the training because Roman refuses to, she's decided she wants to start learning fucking Chinese so Asher's helping her with that.

Like, she doesn't even stay with us anymore. She keeps herself in her room.

I called Rosa round, my sister is hopefully going to get Arabella's mind off shit. I hate seeing her so wound up over him.

She hooks her leg behind mine and as she does, i floor her, holding my hand to her head so she doesn't hit it. "What did you do wrong?" I kneel over her.

"Uh.." She stutters, sweat beading over her forehead, "I wasn't strong enough."

"It's not about strength, it's about technique. Don't do it here." I point to the top of her calf where she did it for me. "Do it here." I grip the back of her knee. "And then use your body weight."

She closes her eyes, "This is useless-"

"No, Arabella you're getting the hang of it. It takes time." I get off her, pulling her up.

"Luca we need to go." Roman walks in, his eyes don't even bat when he sees Arabella.

I mean, every single guys eyes in this house has double took on her today. She's wearing nothing but a sports bra and those booty shorts.

I could see her tense as she heard his voice.

"For what?"

"Wolfes." He turns and walks away.

I look down at her, "Let's finish this after, Princess." I kiss the top of her head, walking away as i pull my wraps off. I jog up the stairs, seeing my sister had arrived and was flirting with Vincent.

"Rosa." I clear my throat.

She looks at me, "Hello."

"Arabella is the gym, do girl shit, just do anything to get her mind off stuff." I look at Roman, talking to Wallace about some shit.

"Is she okay?" Rosa asks.

"Relationship problems." I look at my sister, "Find out what's really going on."

"Yes sir." She salutes me jokingly and heads off down the stairs.

I grab my guns and just tuck them into my pants, i can't be bothered to change. Asher meets us in the car, "Can we get drunk after?"

"No." Roman looks at Vincent, "You smell like a girl."

Vincent's cheeks blush, "An i not allowed to have a relationship, capo?"

"As long as she doesn't earn a distraction for you, you're one of my best men." Roman looks out of his window, "Jason from the Wolfes is annoying me, he's at the club, i don't want him dead yet, so bring him back to me."

"Yes sir." Asher looks out of his window.

The car was silent and full of tension the entire drive to the strip club. Roman gets out first, Vincent keeps us behind for two minutes. While Roman disappears into the club, Vincent turns to look at us. "What happened with him and Arabella?"