43. Arabella

My hand fucking ached.

I don't think the amount of morphine the doctor gave me was enough, this shit hurt.

Luca gently grips onto my other hand as i lay in the hospital bed. I've been casted up, a cast over my right hand and wrist, stopping mid forearm. Stitches on the inner side of my left arm where my implant was. Stitches on my forehead from where Aaron hit me to get in his car. Staples in my thigh because when Luca was helping escape, someone stabbed my thigh.

"Hello princess." He raises my hand to his lips. "How are you feeling?"

"My hand hurts so much." I squint at him through the bright lights.

"It will do. I can get the doctor to up the morphine?" He asks.

I nod my head and he gently lets go of my hand, walking out of the room and returning a couple of minutes later with a doctor, "Hello, Mrs. Reign. I'm Dr. Hall, i heard your hand is hurting?"

"Yeah." I close my eyes.

"It will do for a while, at the moment i can only give you morphine but upon your release i'm going to have to prescribe medication for you. Is it okay if i up your dosage of morphine?"

"Just make the pain stop... And turn the lights down."

With a couple of switches, the light was dimmed a little bit and the doctor injects more morphine into my fluids.

"It will kick in soon, how else are you feeling? How's your head?"

"Fine. When can i go home?" I look at the window, a beat up Roman and Asher walking through the halls.

"As soon as this fluid has finished i'll see about a discharge letter." Dr. Falls smiles, "Uh, would you like the shot to be replaced?"

"No." I watch Asher open the door first.

"That'll be all, Doctor." Roman clears his throat

"Stop making decisions for me." I don't want to deal with him. He can't say all of the shit he said without actually believing it himself. I feel my throat close again as tears threaten my eyes.

"Don't do this, love-"

"Dr. Falls, can you remove him from the room." I look at the old doctor who i've put in a situation.

His mouth drops open to say something, Roman turns his back to me and says something too quiet for me to hear in the doctors ear and the doctor nods his head, "I'll issue discharge papers as soon as possible, Nurse Blanc is your nurse on duty, if you need her please go to her." The doctor walks out of the room.

I was about to rip the needle from my arm but Asher grabbed my wrist, "No. You need that."

"Tell him to go away." I roll onto my side.

"Arabella." Romans voice sounded like silk, like the first day i met him.

"Please Roman. I don't want to see you."

I hear his little sigh of defeat and Luca rolls me back onto my back, "Do you need any food?"

"No."

"Why are you crying, princess?" He wipes a tear i didn't even know was falling.

"I don't know." I lean into his hand.

I know full rightly why.

Inconvenience. Needy. Whore. Cries too much.

"Hush, don't lie. Tell me." He shuffles the chair closer.

Maybe i should let them all know how i feel.