81. Luca

"What are you doing?" I grab Arabella, she's trying to sneak out of my bed.

"Going to check on Roman." She whispers.

"It's four in the morning, princess." I groan, turning to look at her, the moonlight letting the tiniest amount of natural light into the bedroom.

She looks at me, "I'll be back, i promise. Just, just gonna check on him. I wanna see if his medication is working."

"Be back." I slap her ass lightly.

I can see the slight roll in her eyes as she gets up off the bed, pulling my shirt over her naked body.

Then i hear her little footsteps tap off of the hardwood floor, the door creak open.

I close my eyes, only to open them straight away when i hear her shout 'Roman.'

I get out of the bed immediately, walking to the room beside me.

Jesus fucking christ.

My eyes land directly on a bleeding Roman, a knife in his hands, fresh scars around his arms.

What the fuck is he doing?

She attempts to run to him but i push her backwards, she doesn't need to see this. "Go... go wake Asher up, princess. Now."

"But he's-"

"Now Arabella." I shout. I never shout at her but i can't let her see him like this.

She looks at me with tears in her eyes and i push her gently again. I wait until she's out of the room and walk to Roman slowly.

I don't even know if he's awake or not.

It used to happen when he was younger, teenage years, sleepwalking but he would hurt himself in his sleep.

Though this was completely different, his eyes were watering.

"Hey man, put the knife down." I extend my arm slowly.

He drops it, brings his head to his hands and pulls at his hair a little bit. He's awake, which i don't know if it's good or not. Why the fuck is he doing this shit again?

The door opens and i look behind me to a very tired looking Asher walking in. "Where's Arabella?" I ask.

"I told her to go and run a bath." He looks at Roman, "What... what happened?"

"Don't know." I pick the knife up, "Make sure she doesn't come in here."

He takes the knife off of me, "Just call me if you need me." He takes a small, worried look at Roman before walking away.

I slowly approach Roman, crouching in front of him. His head was still in his hands with slits down his wrists.

I hate seeing him like this.

He slowly looks up, blinks, and a tear rolls down his cheek.

That was like the breaking point for me.

Because Roman doesn't cry, ever.

I sit in front of him and he just gives me this knowing look. The looks when he's scared.

"Wanna tell me about it man?"

Him looking down was the indicator that he'd really rather do anything other than talk about it, "I'm going to go away."

"Like hell you are." I keep my voice quiet and calm. "You can't run."

"I can't stay." His voice cracks. "I cannot let her see me do this shit to myself."