69. Arabella

"Go away." I look at Asher.

"Tiàn xīan." He groans.

"Pezzo di merda." I keep looking at my book. Piece of shit.

Yeah, i miss them all but no, i will not fall at their feet. I expressed my worry and they all ignored me. I got shot. They can't expect me to forgive them so easily.

"Baby." He pouts.

"You're a gangster, Reid. Stop pouting." I hold the book up so it's covering his face.

Being mad at them isn't even that hard, it consists of being a bitch and that's my favourite thing to do. I also realized i'm not the only one that is attention deprived. They all get mad as hell when i don't show them enough attention.

He wraps his arms around my legs, i sigh, letting him hug my legs, resting his head on my lap. I let him, finishing the chapter i was reading before paying attention to him.

"Get off me."

"No." He moans, "Baby i haven't touched you in-"

"Should have thought about that before you let people shoot me- which by the way, what's the news on that? The Triad?" I frown.

He pouts again, "Im still working on it."

"It's been a month." I tilt my head to the side.

"Someone covered their track." He looks up at me through his pretty eyes, "Can we talk about this?"

"No." I smile.

His pout drops into a straight line, "Arabella."

"Asher."

"Please. I'm dying out here."

"I could have died."

He sighs, then stands up. "I'm making this better between us." He smiles

"How?"

"Watch." He walks away, "I love you."

"Goodbye."

He makes a groans and i look down at my book.

After reading the entire book, i head to the kitchen where Roman was standing at the stove.

I stop in shock a little bit.

Roman... cooking?

"What are you making?" I peer over his shoulder, hes making pasta.

I look at the counter, seeing the flour placed over it.

He homemade it.

"Pasta." He clears his throat, "You like cacio e pepe, sì?"

I narrow my eyes suspiciously, "How do you know that?"

"You always ordered it when we went out."

"You pay close attention."

"I have to, it's my job." He turns his back to me again, "I want you to try it."

I smile, but hide it quickly because i'm supposed to be mad but i already knew that Roman wouldn't let himself be an asshole to me. He's proving my points.

"I'm ordering pizza." I sit on the island.

He looks over his shoulder at me, a hint of sadness in his eyes, "You don't want to try it?"

"No." I need to be mean. I know i need to. Of course i want to try it.

He nods, "You're a horrible liar. I'll leave some in the microwave for you, love. Eat it whenever you like."