39. Arabella

Marshmallow jumped onto my lap, he's a dog that acts like a cat. Roman gets up off the couch and walks away, scratching his arm.

I turn to look at him a little worried, he had red blotches over his arm. I look back at Marshmallow, i shouldn't be worried about Roman. He's a piece of shit.

But those look like they hurt.

But he's an asshole and literally starved me for a week.

But he bought me a dog even though he's allergic.

I take Marshmallow off my lap and follow Roman. He was itching his arms all over, walking toward his office.

In the foyer, he pulls his shirt over his head and i notice all the red blotches over his skin there, on the scars too.

He walks into his office, slamming the door. "Ma'am, you shouldn't." Vincent looks over.

I do anyway, opening the door and closing it behind me. He was stepping out of his pants, "Get out."

"Why would you buy me a dog if you're getting reactions like this." I look at the red all over his body. How he hasn't went into shock yet, it's a mystery to me.

"Because, get out." He opens one of his drawers, "Now."

"No." I look at the cream he's picking up.

"Arabella go and pay attention to someone else, fuck off."

I wince a little at that. I hate when he tells me to do that. Every time i think things are going good, he proves me wrong.

He slept on my stomach, there was a free couch but he decided to sleep on the floor with his head on my stomach, hand on my heart. I tried moving him whenever i woke up because i was so mad at him but he didn't.

He kept sleeping, snoring lightly, eyelashes flsuhed over his cheeks.

"No, Marshmallow is hurting you." I love Marshmallow but i can always give him to Rosa to take of, or even that lovely lady Gia.

"Yeah well he shuts you up." He takes a big glob of this cream and starts rubbing it over his arms, "Get out."

"Why do you always do this?" I complain.

"Because-"

"Stop doing that!"

"No."

"You make this so difficult." I walk up to him, i take the tub off him but he pulls it back to him, i pull it back to me and step away. "Let me do it."

"Not too busy paying attention to Asher or Luca? Go tend to their wound." He rolls his eyes.

"If you're jealous just say that." I take a lot of the product in my hands, "Give me your arm."

"Go the fuck away, Arabella." He turns around, groaning.

The scars on his back look more prominent like this.

I slap the product onto his back and for the first time ever, i think i see him tense. No i definitely see him tense, he tensed as i rub the cream thick over his back.

"You should have told me." I feel bad.

"So you can conplain i don't get you anything?" He accepts it, but he was still so tense.

I purposely run my finger over one of his scars before continuing to rub the cream over his back. That's when i know he's tense, not because i'm doing the cream, because i'm touching his scars.

"I would have understood, Roman. Your life is more important than a dog." I rub it over his lower back.

"You were happier with the dog around." He mumbles, "I'm fine."