49. Roman

"That was your girl?" Dante asks, a smirk across his lips.

"I'll fucking kill you." I sit back down on the seat.

"I was just asking." He laughs, "She's hot."

I glare at him and his smile dies down. I look at Luca who laughs, clearing his throat. "I'll buy the chains on the west side."

"That's random." Dante cocks an eyebrow. Not for Luca, Arabella enjoys most of the small business chains over on the west side, buying them from Dante will grant them his protection and also allow Arabella to eat there without any problems.

"I want them, all of them." He licks his teeth, "And Bangs Korean BBQ." He adds on.

"That's on the North side." Dante taps his fingers off the table. "Russians."

He's an old business partner, this meeting is to determine which of us buys the businesses for protection. Russians are hanging around, trying to buy the businesses and the Italians have no option but to stop them. 

"I like the BBQ." Luca says, Arabella likes the BBQ, "So i'm going to take that too."

"I want to include it into the casino as well." I add on.

"Roman." Arabella shouts from next door.

I get up, covering my body with the door as i walk into the office, i close the door straight away to not give them the privilege of looking at her.

She points to the corner of the room, her eyes wide.

I look in the corner of the room, there was a spider on the wall, a big spider. "Get it. Right now."

"It's nowhere-"

"Roman." She snaps.

I walk up the spider, cupping it in my hand. "Happy?"

"Yes." She frowns, "I want to cuddle."

"I'm working, love-"

"And i'm touched deprived." She deadpans.

"I will after i'm done." I open the door with my elbow and sweep the spider away, closing it again, and locking it. I don't trust her in here alone.

"Now." She pouts, "I'm bored."

"I'll be done soon." I tuck a loose piece of hair out of her face, "Go on the phone."

"It's dead." She shouts.

I've never seen her drunk.

"I'll get the charger, i won't be long." I walk back into the conference room.

"What's she doing?" Asher asks.

"She's drunk, can i use your phone charger?"

Luca just hands me his phone and i walk back into the office room, giving her Luca's fully charged phone.

"When's my sushi coming?" She asks.

"On its way." I look at the candy wrappers dropped to the floor. I keep candy in my blazer for her, because she likes chewing things when she's bored, or sometimes she's hungry and we're driving or out and i can't stop to get food, the candy is sufficient.

She settles down again, flicking through Luca's phone. When she's quiet, i leave.

"If you always give her everything she wants, she be a true Italian woman." Dante laughs, a lot of the guys laughing too.

"I'm not going to take advice from a man who's wife killed herself. Carry on." I sit down.

Dante's smile drops and i could see the hatred as he looked to Luca, "I want the west side."