46. Arabella

She hasn't changed.

Her hair is back to the natural brown colour it was before papa preferred blondes. I remember she died it to make him happy.

Her eyes rested on me with a small gaze, no judgement despite me curled in Asher's lap, my husband sitting beside us.

"You've grown up to be so beautiful." She says, her voice bringing nostalgia and memories back to me. I'm so emotional recently i think i need to see the therapist again.

But as i stated at her, and i looked at the beautiful woman beside her, and a smaller girl pressing into Gia's leg, i felt jealous.

Extremely jealous.

Upset.

Lonely.

Because she's got her happiness. I'm so glad she's got her happiness. But because she left, because she left me alone, i was never given a shot at mine.

I pressed my cheek into Asher's chest, trying to steady my breathing.

He brushes my hair away from my face, "What is it?" He asks, his voice gentle and soft.

"This is sister Ari?" The little girl says and my eyes snap to her, her beautiful olive skin and a baby pink headband pushing back her long brown hair. She's beautiful.

Mom crouched down, "That's sister Ari."

Afra gently lets go of Gia's hand and starts approaching me. She gives Asher a weird look and i get off his lap, but stayed crouched to the floor.

She couldn't have been only than 10. She puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out a small coin, "I'm Afra." She gives the coin to me.

I take the coin in my hand, looking at its shiny details and i see it had been customised. With two A's on it. "I'm Arabella."

She holds her small hand out, "We're sisters."

Tears threaten my eyes, i couldn't help but smile. "I've always wanted a little sister." I shake her hand lightly.

She has one singular dimple which made me warm inside. Then she put her attention onto Roman behind me, "Hello Uncle RoRo."

Uncle RoRo.

"Hello Afra." He says back, his voice warm.

I noticed one thing about Roman, considering his bad boy act. Roman Reign has a soft spot for children.

"Mommy." Afra turns around, "The pretty boy is making me nervous."

"Which ones that?" Mom says.

Afra points to Asher and i let out a small chuckle, looking up at Asher. He shoots me a wink, a small smile over his face before setting his gaze back into Afra, "My names Asher."

"Afra." She points to herself, "Arabella." She points to me, "Asher." She points to Asher. "We're the best." She 'whispers.'

I smile, standing up again and looking back at my mom and Gia.

"Afra, do you want to see Arabella's bedroom? It's pink." Roman stands up, holding his hand out.

Afra grips onto Romans hand. He nods at Luca and Asher and they both stand up, following after her, Gia following them too. They gave mom and I our privacy.

I wipe my hands on my sweatpants and nod my head over, leading her throughout the house that she's probably been in before and into the nice, cosy living room.

I sit in the corner of the corner couch, pulling a blanket over my legs. She sits my feet, pulling the blanket over my feet. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, one of us deserved our happy ending." I smile a little bit.