65. Arabella

Roman is being boring again.

I look at him typing on his laptop, his eyes glancing from his keyboard to the screen.

He hasn't yet seen my tattoo, he left as soon as Luca and I returned and didn't come back for a couple of days.

I keep looking at him, tilting my head to the side.

"Stop staring at me." He doesn't even look up, he just keeps typing.

"How did you know i was staring?" I slump back.

"I can feel your gaze burn." He looks at me, "What?"

"What are you doing?" I get up, striding across the living room.

"Work." His eyes rest on my hips.

This new land allows us to be alone in the house because majority of the men are stationed outside or in the little cabins.

So most of the time i'm naked or close to naked.

Today, i'm wearing my thongs and a long sleeve cropped shirt because well, it's comfortable.

"You never asked to see my tattoo." I sit on his lap. He lifts his laptop up, hugging one arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him then resting the laptop on my legs.

"Let me see your tattoo." He looks into my eyes.

No shame, i pull the shirt over my head. I put a sports bra on today just because my boobs are tender for some reason, really annoying.

His eyes drop to my cleavage and then to the rose tattooed on my arm.

He smiles, his dimples. Then, as if he's realising something, his smile drops.

"You don't like it?"

He takes a breath, "What does it mean?"

I frown, "It's a rose... you drew it."

"Arabella, forgive me, but you are the most confusing woman i have ever met." He pushes me off his lap, closing his laptop over and standing up.

I pull the shirt over my body quickly, "What?"

"You... you mess with my head love, and i hate being confused." He walks toward the door.

Asher walks in as Roman walks out.

Asher looks at Roman and then looks at me, "What happened?"

"I don't think he likes the tattoo." I sit where he was sitting.

"What did he say?"

"He said i'm the most confusing woman he's ever met, that i mess with his head and he hates being confused." I pull the sleeves over my hand, "I don't mean to..."

Asher sighs, "He's not in control of his feeling, baby. He'll come around-"

"When?" I snap, "You always say that but he never does. It's always the same shit cycle. I do something to make him happy, he isn't happy, he gets mad, he ignores everyone, injures himself, we fuck, we forget everything that happens?"

"Don't snap at me, Arabella." He says calmly, "That's a problem you and Roman need to figure out."

I look down, "Sorry."

"He's in his office, go talk to him." He crouched down in front of me, "And then get changed, my family is coming around."

I roll my eyes, "Your mom hates me."

"She won't say anything, promise you." He kisses my thigh, standing up again.

I groan, walking into the hallway and knocking on Romans door, i walk in before he can answer and then close the door behind me.