26. Asher

The opening of the hotel is tonight, although it's supposed to be something we can enjoy, we have all gathered a lot of enemies recently and Arabella joining with all the men out there to get her is just as bad.

She clutched onto Romans hand as he led her through the double doors of the hotel. She looked fucking hot, it's a shame she's gonna be stuck in the penthouse the entire time.

She wore a deep red dress, long with a slit down the side. And Roman granted her permission to use her own gun so she has a thigh strap on.

"Stay with Asher." Roman pulls her back a little bit, kissing the side of her head.

"Where are you going?" She looks up at him.

"I need to see if everything's okay." He kisses the top of her head again.

She didn't believe him for a second but dismisssd him and let him walk away.

I take his place. "You're gathering the eyes of everyone, tián xīn." I put on my scary, protective bodyguard look.

"What can i say? Have to make a statement." She mumbles, "Where's Roman going?"

"Sort busienss out, it's a big day. People will be watching." I look around the room, i could already spot seven agents. "Why's Hamada staring at you like that?"

"I met him once... don't think he likes me very much." She looks around the room, "Who's the tall guy looking your way, by the exit?" She looks down.

I step closer to her as my eyes scan across the room, landing on a Russian enemy of Romans, who sure as hell is not supposed to be here.

Roman doesn't have a lot of people who willingly stand up to him, people know if they do that they'll be dead within the next day. Petrov doesn't apply to that rule, they've been fighting for years. Roman humours him and that's the only reason he's alive.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, keeping my eyes locked on Petrov, i call Roman. "What?"

"Petrov is here, eyeing up your woman." I glance to see if Arabella was still with me, she was.

"I'll be back there soon, he won't try anything in a room full of agents." He clears his throat, "Give her the earpiece."

"Already?"

"I can't count what's going to happen today, i'd rather have her listening to me at all times." He hangs up.

I shift my gaze to Arabella, "Come with me."

She follows right by side as i lead her into the back room, Luca and a couple other hotel staff were here. "Uh?" He question.

"We won't be long." I pull an earpiece from my pocket, "Roman wanted me to give you this." I tuck her hair behind her ear, "We all have one, we're able to communicate through it, i can hear what's going on. You want to talk, press it lightly." I push it in her ear gently, hooking it around her tragus.

"Why?"

"Because there's a lot of people here and i'd rather you be safe and able to hear us at all times." I cover her ear with her hair.

I hold down the one in my ear lightly, "It's activated."

Luca looks over this way, her eyes raise in surprise a little. "That's cool." She says.

"I'll be back out in a minute, i need you at my hip every second Arabella. Not a step in-front or a step behind." Roman says through the speaker.

She nods her head, chewing her lip and anticipating something is wrong. We walk back out, the hall filling up more and Roman joins us shortly.