110. Roman

I thought the triad was bad with sneaking their way into my house, the yakuza has divers. In my lake.

This is Yuto's business.

I reload my gun, turning to look behind the fence.

I see a couple more snipers up in the tree, following to the group of guys walking through the forrest.

And then i see movement by the bushes on my side.

It broke out in a gun war a couple minutes after everyone went inside. I don't even know where Arabella is or if she's okay but Luca is there, Luca's dad too. All her brothers and i know Valentina would kill before she let anything happen to Arabella.

The movement starts again and then i see the tip of the gun pointing out.

Followed by a tiny hand.

And a tiny shoe.

Romeo Reign is going to give me a fucking heart attack.

I look at one of my men, "Cover for me?"

He nods his head, i run quickly across the open grass while bullets go flying. I pick the gun up from the ground as i slide a little, ducking behind the bush.

"What the fuck are you doing, Romeo?" I look around him, "Are you hurt?"

"Mommy is." He tries to reach the gun from me. I move it away, he frowns, "Papa, i need it."

"You are four years old, you do not need a gun." I raise my voice, "How did you get this?"

"Stole it from Nico."

"Romeo, you're not supposed to be here." I look over the bush. "For fucks sake you can't do this shit."

"Need to help mommy." He mumbles.

"That is my job. Not yours. You are a child." I'm lecturing my child in the middle of a crossfire, who would have knew?

"Mommy is sick." He raises his voice at me. "She's bleeding."

"Where?" I keep his head down.

"Baby." He points to his stomach. "Sick."

The worst things happen at the worst times.

"I need to get you inside."

He looks at me with wide eyes, "No."

"This isn't for discussion."

This child, fast motherfhcker, slides between my legs and runs away into the open part.

I run after him, seeing the red dot on his chest, i throw myself ontop of him, wrapping a arm around him so landing on the ground didn't squash him.

I hear more gun shots go off and then i feel it pierce into my back.

"Papa." Romeo looks at me.

I use my knees to keep steady, covering his body with mine. "Don't move, Romeo. Pretend you're sleeping."

"Papa you're hurt."

"I'm fine. Don't move."

I could feel his chest start to raise, "Romeo, calm down. Papa is fine." I've been shot before. I can handle this. Because of how muscular i am, a lot of the bullet wounds don't seem to hurt me too bad. Or i'm just a stubborn prick and pretend i'm not hurt.

He starts humming a song, closing his eyes shut but i stay as still as i could. I can't move until i know it's safe.

"I'm sorry papa." He mumbles again, then starts humming the song again.