99. Asher

Ilaria sits right beside me, like no concept of personal space at all, right beside me.

"You okay?" I look at her.

"Where's mommy?"

"She's with Romeo and Roman, they'll be home soon." I shuffle a little away from her but she shuffles right back to me.

Arabella took Roman to Juliana's, i know they're pissed i would be too. They've been there for a couple of hours. Luca's playing with Matteo upstairs, i was about to clean my gun.

"Shopping?" She looks at me with wide eyes.

She's so cute.

"We can do some online shopping." I pick Romans laptop up.

She decides to sit right on top of me.

I'm not used to this.

"So what do you want?" I ask.

"Dollhouse. Barbie. Dresses." She counts on her fingers, "Uhm... Ooh slime. Tea set."

"Okay, okay." I type Dollhouses in.

For an entire hour, i let her put whatever she wants in the basket. $400 worth of toys, only for her. I told her to put some in for her brothers but she said they can do that another day.

Arabella is gonna be mad.

She usually lets the kids have what they want but she has a rule and it's if she buys something new, they have to get rid of something because then it doesn't overcrowd.

I just bought over thirty toys.

Arabella's gonna be mad.

I press buy and Ilaria squeals, hugging me, "Thank you, papa." She says quietly.

But i heard it.

She called me papa.

She's the first one to call me papa.

The first one to be called papa is me.

Matteo hasn't even called me papa yet.

Oh my god.

I look at her, holding her back gently so she doesn't fall off the seat, "Did you just call me papa?"

She nods her head with a cheeky smile, "Best papa ever."

Oh my heart.

I'm crying.

Oh my god i'm crying.

I wipe my cheeks quickly, "Thank you."

"Sorry." She looks at me, eyes wide and then i realise she's seeing me crying.

God i'm crying because she called me papa.

"Oh no, don't be sorry darling-"

"I didn't mean crying." She jumps off the couch.

I grab her gently, "Papas just happy. Happy tears." I lift her back into my lap. "Very happy tears."

She wipes my tears away with her tiny hands, "Happy tears?"

"Yeah. Because you called me papa, it makes me happy." I smile. Another thing Arabella wants us to do is to not shorten sentences for them to understand, or to put on 'baby voices' she said she never did it to them once and she always spoke to them normally. So that's what we're doing.

We're all going with Arabella's way of parenting, it seems to be the most functional and well... better way. Luca is the best at it because he wasn't abused as a child.