Chapter 3

Danielle POV

"I need to get some fresh air; I won't be long." I said to the gorgeous Italian woman in front of me.

"Don't be silly Bella, I'll come with you." she said as we walked towards the door to go outside.

The cold night air wisped its way past me leaving goosebumps all over my skin. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. I felt a hand gently being pressed on my back. As I opened my eyes, I saw Stefania there smiling at me. I could get lost in those brown eyes forever.

"Bambina, are you ok?" she asked with slight worry in her voice.

"Yeah, sorry I'm ok. It was just getting a bit crowded in there." I said reassuring her but really, I needed to compose myself because all I wanted to do was rip of her jacket.

"I would offer you my jacket but..." she said looking down pointing out the fact she didn't have a shirt on like I hadn't already noticed.

"Oh, don't worry we'll go back in now." I said turning around. She stopped me in my tracks and put her hand out to me. I hesitantly held it as we walked back in hand in hand.

The next thing in I know we are getting separated. Stefania is getting pulled one way by Jay and I am getting pulled by Jaina and Barrett. "What is going on?" I was so confused.

"Have you spoke to her?" Barrett asked.

"Is that why you were walking in holding hands?" Jaina said as soon as Barrett finished.

"Guys no, I'm going to do what you said and go away and think if this is what I really want. Besides I'm certain she doesn't feel the same."

"But-"

I interrupted Barrett "enough now guys come on and dance with me." I pulled them to the dance floor.

Stefania POV

"Jay why are you pulling me?"

"Did you tell Danielle?" he asked quickly.

"No and I'm not going to." I replied.

"So why walk in holding hands?" he sounded confused.

"Because we are really good friends and I'm being a supportive one. Besides, what I feel for her must be just because of Maya and Carina. Now come on and dance with everyone." I pulled him towards the dancefloor.

The night went on with a lot of laughing and drinking and dance offs. I couldn't help but look at Danielle every few seconds, she just looks so perfect. Every now and then we catch each other's gaze and just smile. Her ocean blue eyes give me butterflies every single time.

The room starting to get emptier by the hour. Eventually it was only myself, Danielle, Jaina, Barrett and Jay left. The music turned off and the lights come on. We didn't even notice that everyone else had already left. "I think that is our cue to leave, no?" I said laughing.

"Ok, everyone back to mine for the after party!" Danielle said walking towards the doors.

"I think I will just head home now guys." Jay yelled as he walked behind us.

"Yeah same." Barrett and Jaina both agreed.

"Stef?" I looked up to see Danielle looking at me.

Jay nudged me and whispered "go for it."

"Yeah sure, I won't skip on an after party." The smile that gleamed on Danielles face was amazing.

We said our goodbyes as we got into the same taxi. Danielle told the driver where she lived and it wasn't long until we got there.

I thought she was really drunk but apparently, she can hold her drink very well.

We walk inside her house which smells of home. If I was asked what home smelt like I would say Danielles house. It is warm and comforting and welcoming.

I took a seat on her sofa whilst she walked into the kitchen and brought over a bottle of wine and 2 glasses. She sat close to me but not close enough. "So, what are you doing during hiatus?"

"I'm actually going to see some family. I need to clear my head from a few things." she replied slowly putting her head down.

"Bambina, is everything ok?" I put my glass down and moved a little closer to her.

"Stefania... I... I can't lie to you." she stumbled over her words as I saw a tear fall onto her cheek.

"What is it?" I put my hand on her leg trying to comfort her. It breaks me seeing her upset.

"I... I have to get away from you." she said looking up at me with pain in her eyes.