Chapter 32

Danielle POV

Barrett and Jaina arrive at my house not long after I get back from the airport. I already have the tissues on the table and in my hand.

"D, she'll be back before you know it." Barrett sits next to me and rubs my back.

Jaina joins us, "she's up in the air right now going to see her family, how long is the flight?"

"About 14 hours," I sniffle, "that's 14 hours of not talking to her."

Barrett tries to hide a chuckle, "I know a way to distract you."

I turn and look at her "what is it?"

"Why don't we go see your mom? I bet she has some gossip," Jaina stands up and grabs us all a bottle of water, "plus mine and Barrett's heads are pounding."

I know they mean well but no matter how much I love to see my mom, I don't think it will help. It's not like Stefania and I have broken up, she's just gone for a few weeks. If Barrett and Jaina want to go then I will too. My mom has always looked after the three of us whenever we visit. And to be honest, it always ends in uncontrollable laughter.

We get into Jaina's car and drive to my mom's house. Barrett called her on the way so she knew we were coming over. As we pull up, my mom is stood by the front door waving. Before I even got the chance to get out of the car, Barrett and Jaina both go and hug my mom. I guess I'll just wait for my turn then. "Hi mom, remember me? Your actual daughter." All three of them turn and start laughing. My mom opened her arms and I embraced her hug.

"Come on inside girls," my mom opened the door for us to walk in, "Danielle, you'll never guess what I found out from your cousin."

Both Barrett and Jaina turn and smile at me. I guess they were right, this is going to be a good distraction for me.

We take a seat and my mom brings us all a cocktail, "mom it's early afternoon and you're giving us alcohol?"

"Barrett and Jaina have hangovers, nothing like the hair of the dog to cure it. Plus it's nearly evening so it's fine." She puts the drinks on the table and takes a seat on the couch next to Barrett.

"What's the gossip Kathie?" Jaina takes a sip of her drink.

"So a cousin of yours that you don't really know, is a friend of a friend to someone who knows a guy you work with." She said that like it wasn't anything interesting.

Barrett, Jaina and I all look at each other then lean towards my mom for more information. "Wait," I have to understand this fully with all the information, "so who's the guy we work with?"

"Now I can't tell you his name but just know that he had a massive thing for a certain Italian when she started working on the show." My mom looks me in the eyes, raised her eyebrows and takes a sip of her drink with a cheeky smile.

"Kathie I need more." Barrett moves her hand round gesturing to my mom for more.

"What else can I say? Someone had a thing for Stefania when she started working with you all. I don't know if he still does but like he's going to get anywhere with her now she's tying the knot with my sweet daughter." The cheeky grin still present on my mom's face.

Jaina puts down her drink, "ok ladies, we need to do some digging."

Barrett turns to her, "we need to know who and if he still has a crush on Stef, then we go from there."

I'm still looking at my mom, "tell me."

"You wanted a distraction, figure it out yourselves." My mom stands up and laughs whilst walking out of the room.

"First person to ask?" Jaina starts and we all say in unison "JAY!"

"I'll message him." Barrett pulls out her phone as me and Jaina move to sit either side of her and watch the conversation:

B: Jay, want to help us find out something about someone?

J: I need more. Who and what?

B: Someone we work with had a thing for the gorgeous Italian and we need to know who and if they still do.

J: HOW DARE THEY! Everyone knew from that first table read that she is Danielle's so no one touched her.

B: Are you going to help?

J: No problem sarge, give me a few minutes and I'll get back to you. (I'm saluting you)

"Should I be worried with how many times you two have done this?" I laugh.

"Only a few times." Barrett still staring at her phone.

Jaina laughed, "don't get me started on when we had to dig dirt on your ex." we all laugh thinking back to those memories.

"NO!" Barrett jumped up and started screaming with excitement.

"Jay replied didn't he?" I stood up with her and Barrett just nodded. She turned her phone to Jaina and I to show us the message:

J: You'll never guess who it is! Mr Damon himself! I'm doing more digging to see if those feelings have disappeared like they should have.

I sit back down in pure shock, "Grey had a thing for Stefania? How did Jay even find that out?"

My mom walks back in, "I guess you know now. More drinks ladies?"

"I think I need a whole bottle to be honest mom."

I think we go through a bottle each by the end of the night. Barrett and Jaina are pretty drunk and pass out on the couch. It didn't take me long to fall asleep either really.

I wake up pretty early to a message from Jay:

Jay: Dani, Grey hasn't had feelings for Stef since he saw you both get engaged. He didn't even know you were a proper couple until then. Guess he wasn't really paying much attention.

I shake Barrett and Jaina awake and show them the message. Both as shocked as I am.

We spend the morning curing our hangovers, Barrett and Jaina got it worse than me though as I recovered quite fast.

After we finally manage to eat something I realized that Stefania would be at her fathers by now so I message her. There's an 8 hour time difference between us so it will be 8pm for her right now.

I had no clue that she had replied to me until 2 hours later. "Shit, I got to call Stef." I quickly start Facetiming her and she picked up nearly instantly, "hi beautiful!" I can see Jaina and Barrett pretending to be sick out the corner of my eye, "guess what we found out about a certain someone? It will blow your mind."

"Tell me, tell me." Stefania's face lit up from excitement.

"So Grey Damon had a huge thing for you and didn't even realize that we were together until we got engaged."

Stefania's face dropped, "Oh that? Yeah I already knew." 

"What do you mean you already knew?"