Chapter 47

Stefania POV

It's been 1 month since Danielle and I got married and it's been so hard keeping this a secret, especially from people who we love. Everyone keeps telling me how lucky I am to have Danielle and to be marrying someone who is so light and bubbly wherever she goes. I want to scream that she is my wife, but I can't. She constantly brings the best out of me.

"Stef, wake up baby." Danielle always wakes me up with a coffee, knowing I can't really function without one first thing in the morning.

"I was in the middle of a really good dream Bambina." I slightly open my eyes and pull her back into bed for more cuddles.

"Well, how about later on when we finish on set, we can come home and have even more cuddles and you can tell me all about that dream?" Danielle is playing with my hair, I love the feeling. All I can do is nod. I don't want to move from this bed or this moment right now. I wrap my arms around Danielle's waist even tighter than before. Her smell makes me feel so much comfort. "Come on Stef, have your coffee then we need to leave."

I lift my head to see that she is already dressed, "how long have you been awake?"

"For a few hours, I took the dogs for a walk then worked out for a bit." Danielle laughs at my slightly confused and sleepy expression.

"I'm up." I am still led in bed and put my head back down on her stomach.

"Stef," Danielle lifted me up and put the coffee next to my face, "we have to leave soon."

"Fine," I sit up and nearly snatch the coffee from her grip, "but I'm taking you up on the offer of cuddles later. I'm not taking no for an answer."

Danielle laughs again and gets up, throwing over a jumper and jeans to me, "get up and get dressed. You have 5 minutes."

I huff quite loudly as I put my coffee on the side. As I go downstairs, still half asleep, I notice that Danielle has put my coffee in her thermos and hands it to me. I have never gripped tighter on a thermos before. I must be tired.

Thank goodness Danielle is driving today because I fell asleep on the way to set. I wake up to Barrett banging on my window, "STEF WAKE UP!"

I open my eyes to see Barrett and Danielle stood by my door laughing, "I don't like you two anymore." I get out of the car and storm off. I head straight to the make-up trailer.

Denise takes one look at me, "someone isn't awake yet. Good morning Stefania, Dani keep you up?"

"No." I slumped down onto the chair in front of the mirror and put my head on the desk.

"Ok, what's wrong Stef?" Denise puts her hand on my back trying to comfort me.

"I can't tell you." My voice is slightly muffled.

"Why not? I'm good with secrets you know." She starts rubbing my back.

How do I explain that me and Danielle are actually married already but we can't tell anyone and it's keeping me up until early hours in the morning every night because I start panicking and overthink it all? "It's ok Denise, thank you though. Danielle and Barrett just woke me up so I'm not really awake yet, hence the thermos." I lift my head and take a sip of my coffee. I can feel my brain cells switching on properly with every sip.

Danielle walks into the trailer, I can see her in the mirror. She is being very cautious around me and so she should be. "Stef, you awake yet?"

"Yes no thanks to you." I instantly look away from her but I can see Denise smirking with her.

"Dani, why did you get Barrett to wake up a sleepy Italian? You should have realized that was a bad idea." Denise pulls out the chair for Danielle to sit on and she does but not before walking to me and kissing the top of my head.

"She has only been like this for the past month," Danielle pauses and looks at me wide eyed, "Oh."

"Si Bella." I'm glad she finally knows, well sort of.

"Girls, I don't want to pry but what happened last month for Stef to be like this?" Denise starts applying Danielle's make-up.

"We managed to overcome a complication and the repercussions are stressing us out." Danielle hasn't taken her eyes off me. I was so sure Dani was going to spill the secret then.

"Want some advice?" Denise stops what she's doing and looks at us both, "whatever is going on, just remember that you have each other. Lean on one another. Don't block anything out and communicate all stresses and worries." Denise, the voice of reason when we need it the most.

--

It was a short day of filming for me today, which I am very thankful for. Danielle has 2 more scenes to shoot today so I am waiting in her trailer. I put on some Italian music and lay on Danielle's couch when there's a knock at the door and Jaina walks in, "hey Stef are you ok?"

"Yes, why do you ask?" I sit up and move over for Jaina to sit next to me.

"Only because I know how much this secret is getting to me, it must be so hard for you." Jaina gets up and grabs the tissues because I have now broke down in tears.

"If I knew how horrible these two months would be then I would never have suggested getting married in Sicily." I manage to get some words out through the tears.

Jaina pulls me close and into a hug, "only one more month Stef, you can get through this. Does Dani know any of this?"

"Any of what?" Danielle opens the trailer door, she sees the state I am in and rushes over to me, "Stef what's going on?" Danielle kneels down in front of me taking my hands into hers.

"I'll leave you two to it." Jaina gets up and leaves.

"Stef, babe, talk to me." Danielle sits on the couch next to me.

"I need to figure out what I can do to stop worrying about people finding out about us Danielle." I wipe my tears away before anymore fall.

Danielle takes a deep breath, "how about we go out with the girls one night, and make sure we don't have any photos together because let's face it, they would get out somehow if we did?"

I sniffle and look at Danielle's eyes which are glossing over too, "I'm so sorry for putting this on you too. A night out is a good idea. When do you think we should do it?"

"How about tomorrow night? It's a short day for all of us again so we can go?" Danielle wipes away the last tears from my cheeks and tucks my hair behind my ear, "but if you ever say that you would never have suggested Sicily again, I will have to break out my guns." She tenses her arms which makes me laughs.

I lean my head on her shoulder, "I might ask Leco if we can go out and take some photos too." I can hear Dani start to breath heavier. "He's just a friend Bambina."

Danielle leans back which means I have to lift my head off her, "if you say so." Here we go.