Chapter 33

Stefania POV

I forgot I hadn't told Danielle about Grey yet. I found out a year ago that Grey had a crush on me. I guess I was just protecting their friendship by not saying anything because Danielle can get a little jealous and why would I want to make thing awkward whilst working?

Grey came to me and told me about his feelings but I let him sown gently because, well, I was and still am completely in love with Danielle "I found out a while back and didn't think it was a big deal so didn't tell you, sorry Bambina."

The spark in her eyes came back, "it's fine, you know calling me 'Bambina' makes me happy."

Barrett popped her head in camera view, "wait a second, how did you find out?"

I chuckled a bit, "that's a story for another day."

"Spoil sport." Barrett replied whilst disappearing once again.

"Stefania you look really tired." Danielle can tell when I'm tired just by the glimmer in my eyes.

"Si, that flight felt so long even though I slept most of it." I rubbed my eyes.

"Then go to sleep silly, I'll talk to you tomorrow." That smile makes my heart full.

"I think I will now." I lay in bed just looking at the beauty on the screen in front of me.

"Oh Stef..." Danielle paused, "I love you."

"I love you too Bella." We say goodbye and hang up.

I've been tossing and turning all night. Danielle and I have been sleeping in the same bed for a while now and I'm only just realizing that she's the reason I can sleep properly, I always cuddle into her. I miss the sound of her breathing, I miss her warmth, I miss the little sounds she makes in her sleep, I just miss her. I wear my heart on my sleeve most of the time, I cry at movies, at commercials, at birthday cards but I don't want Danielle knowing how much i miss her. I don't want her worrying over me.

I take a look at my phone and it's only 3am which means it's 7pm there so I message Danielle:

Goddess: I can't sleep, I need you.

Nearly instantly, my phone lights up to a facetime from Danielle. "Stef, are you ok?" I can hear panic in her voice.

"Yes I'm fine, I just can't sleep without you anymore." I feel my eyes fill up with tears but I swallow them back down.

"Do you want me to stay on the phone whilst you try and sleep?"

"If that's ok with you? Where are you?" I think the tiredness is getting to me.

"I'm on my couch, Barrett and Jaina have gone home so I'm sat here with Jeff watching some TV." Danielle chuckled and panned the camera round to Jeff who I asleep next to her.

"It's crazy how much I miss you both." damn it, now she knows.

"Stefania, we miss you too. That's why Barrett and Jaina have had to distract me." i can see the tears starting to run down her face.

"Bambina please don't cry because you'll make me start crying then I'll just want to get on a plane back to you." I'm trying so hard to fight my own tears now, "don't even think about it."

I look at Danielle who has a massive grin, "I wasn't going to suggest it but now you've said it, when are you coming back exactly?"

"I'm thinking 3 weeks or a month, I need to see my family for as long as possible whilst I still can." I felt a tear fall onto my cheek.

Danielle's face dropped, "I understand but what am I going to do without you for a whole month?"

"Bella, we'll be fine. Just don't start any fights." I made us both laugh.

After some silence, I fall back asleep. It was so much easier this time. I can hear Danielle breathing. I don't know how I'm going to last a month without her. She is my better half. She keeps me grounded whilst I help her fly.

Coffee. I can smell it. The amazing smell of proper brewed Italian coffee. It wakes me up so I nearly run downstairs. My Papa is stood in the kitchen pouring the coffee into 2 mugs and hands one to me. No words are exchanged just smiles. I followed Papa into the front room and sit on the couch next to him.

"Did you sleep ok? I heard you talking to Danielle early hours this morning?" Papa gave me a slight smile.

"Umm, I didn't really sleep ok to be honest Papa." I keep sniffing my coffee which is bringing back so many memories of my life here.

"That's what happens when you're away from the person you love for the first time." He nudges my shoulder, "I'm happy you've found someone who makes you happy Stefania."

I finally look up at him, "she really does, I can't imagine how I'll be without her for a month though."

"Stefania, you don't need to be here for a month. See your family here then go back to your home." Papa wiped the tears from my face and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Papa, I want to spend time with everyone properly. I haven't seen you in nearly 2 years so I am going to treasure it." I look at him very confused now.

"Bella, I would agree with you if you didn't have a fiancée back home in California. So spend a week or 2 here with us all then go home and surprise her." He takes my hand and nods his head, "I'm not taking no for an answer." I respond with a nod.

We are going to my Mama's grave today. I wrote her a letter like I used to and put it into an envelope in a plastic sleeve so it won't get damaged. I pick some flowers from my Papa's garden and bundle them up. After I prepared everything and messaged Danielle 'good morning', I get ready. It's very hot today so a short sleeved shirt and shorts it is.

We make our way up the path to her grave. I kneel in front of her stone and rub my thumb over her name, "I miss you Mama."

Papa puts his hand on my shoulder, "I'll give you two sometime." With that, he walks back to the car.

I turn back to the grave, "Mama you would love Danielle. She makes me happy. Happier than I thought I ever could be. I know it's not who you imagined me to be with but I know you would give me your blessing anyway. She makes me complete Mama. I can tell Papa is trying with this. I still can't believe that he gave Danielle your ring for me," I look down and rub my Mama's ring, "I wrote you a letter, I miss the letters we used to send each other. You made me fall in love with writing. You helped me in so many ways Mama, I just wish you were still here to see who I've become." My Papa walks back to me and kneels down himself. We sit in silence for a while. The silence is actually peaceful. "Papa?"

"Yes?" He looks at me.

"I think I will go home in 2 weeks. I want to see you all but I also have someone who is my home." We both shed some tears and fall into a very tight hug.

We pull away and Papa touches Mama's stone, "she will be so proud of you my sweet girl."

"Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to surprise her when I go back."