Chapter 13

Stefania POV

"Jay where are we with decorations?" I ask as I walk through my kitchen.

"Almost done, I just have to test these lights." Jay is stood on a ladder and plugged in the fairy lights that he has put up around my garden. "Perfect."

As the lights shone in the sunset, I couldn't help but cry a little. It is perfect. I wipe the tears falling down my cheek and imagine the look on Danielle's face when she sees this. "Thank you so much Jay."

Jay looks at me then comes over and gives me a hug, "Stef, anything you need I will be there, ok?" I nod. "Oh, and the last letter is on the sofa in the exact spot where you asked me to put it."

"Where is Jaina?" I asked looking around trying to find her.

"She is stuck trying to open a bottle of champagne in the garden." Jay chuckles.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've wanted to do this for so long but for some reason I'm froze. I can't move. It feels like I can't breathe.

"Stefania?" I can hear Jaina's voice. Her hands grab ahold of my shoulders and pulls me out of my trance. "Hey, are you ok?"

"Umm... Si, I am ok." My voice a little shaky.

"You have nothing to worry about Chica, ok?" Jaina gives me a glass of water.

My phone buzzes, "It's Barrett, she said they are ready to come here now. Ok what do I do?"

"Calm down Stef." Jay is trying to reassure me whilst I start pacing.

"Calm down? wow ok. Come posso calmarmi quando la donna con cui voglio passare la vita viene qui ora così posso chiederglielo ufficialmente?" (How can I calm down when the woman I want to spend my life with comes here now so I can officially ask her?)

I can see Jaina and Jay watch me as I panic pace around my kitchen, neither of them saying a word and waiting until I finish.

"Stef, do you want to breathe?" Jay holds me and sits me down on a stool.

"I don't even know why I'm this nervous." I put my head in my hands.

"You don't need to worry. The lights are up, the table and bench is all set. The letter is there ready." Jaina put her arm around my shoulder. "I think you should let Barrett know that it's go time."

I pull out my phone and message Barrett: Let's Go! x

Jaina and Jay both give me a hug before making their way upstairs to hide whilst I have to wait in the garden for Danielle.

20 minutes later and still no sign of her until I hear the front door opening, "Stefania?" Danielle is here. I take a few deep breaths whilst watching her walk to the sofa with Barrett. "Barrett, another letter?" she holds it up to Barrett who is just smiling and I can tell she's been crying too, bless her.

Danielle opens it. Wow, what I would do to just hold those hands right now. She looks so gorgeous too. I can see Danielle take a deep breath and start reading the letter:

"Danielle, the woman of my dreams, my future,

This is it. The moment I've been waiting for. I am here.

But first let me just say thank you. Thank you for taking the job as Maya Bishop. Thank you for being you. You make me laugh like a little kid all the time. You honestly light up the room with your smile. Let's not forget those eyes. I don't know where I would be without you.

We are so goofy together and yet it makes me feel things I never have before. Your constant happiness brings me out of all the darkness and I'm so grateful.

Before you start crying, please come into the garden. I am waiting for you.

Stefania x"

I can see the tears glistening off her cheeks as she looks over towards my direction. She cannot see me though as it is now dark. Danielle looks back at Barrett who nudges her to go outside.

As she opens the door, I turn on the switch for the lights and just smile at her. We are both crying. The lights are pinned to cover the entire outline of my garden and meet in the middle.

Danielle looks around then straight back into my eyes. "Stefania, this is so... amazing."

"Come here," I reach out my hands, to which she takes them, "I need to say something to you. The first day I met you, I knew there was something incredible about you. The more I got to know you, the more I fell for you. I want to spend my life with you Danielle, whatever that may be."

We are now both complete emotional wrecks. "This isn't something I say lightly but it comes into two parts. I know we haven't even discussed how our lives may turn out but I really don't care. To quote Carina, what we have is... Fantastico! And it's only the beginning." I stare into her beautiful blue eyes that are reflecting the lights around us. I let go of Danielle's hands and cup her face, "I love you Danielle Savre. So much more than I could ever think is possible. Will you make this official with me and be my girlfriend?"

"Are you serious? I love you too Stefania Spampinato, of course I will be your girlfriend!" I pull her in to a sensual kiss that leaves me tingling in places I do not want to disclose. "You are so romantic."

We hear cheering and party poppers exploding being us, we look that way and see Jaina, Barrett and Jay hanging out of my bedroom window cheering and clapping very loudly. "Finally!" screamed Barrett.

I pull Danielle's gaze back to mine, "How about some champagne then when they go..." I raise my eyebrow and all Danielle can do is smile and pull me in for another kiss.