Chapter 37

Stefania POV

Danielle's face drops, her eyes glaze over at the sound of this voice. I whisper "who is that?" but she just shakes her head and turns to face them. I keep my eyes on her and keep my grip in her hand.

"Andrew, hi." I saw her clench her jaw.

"How are you?" He walks over to us but my eyes are still glued onto Danielle.

"I'm good thank you, what are you doing in Texas?" Danielle's hand is getting sweatier and she's starting to grip mine a little tighter.

"I'm here for a game, apparently they can't do it without me." He chuckled which made me a little more angry for some reason.

I swallow the anger down and turn to him smiling at his smug face. "Hi."

Danielle looked at me then back to Andrew, "Andrew , this is Stefania."

"Hi, nice to meet you." He holds his hand out for me to shake but I just stand there looking at him. He eventually gets the hint and retracts his offer of a hand shake, "you're also on Station 19 aren't you?"

"Si, I play Dr Carina Deluca-Bishop. Maya's wife." I can't help but sound passive aggressive.

"Stefania wanted to see Texas and I was coming here anyway." I can tell Danielle is trying not to laugh at my comment.

"That's cool," he is trying not to look at me, "we'll have to catch up soon Dani, I've missed you." He leans in and give Danielle a hug. I'm so close to telling him to back off. No Stefania. Stay calm, say nothing.

"We have to go back to LA soon for shooting, but if we ever cross paths again?" Danielle is just trying to be polite.

"Sure, nice to see you." He looks at me, "nice to meet you too Stefania." All I do is nod and smile otherwise I will end up saying something I will regret. Andrew finally walks off.

"Stef..." Dani turns back to me raising her eyebrows.

"What? I was nice." That's not entirely true.

Danielle starts laughing, "you were so passive aggressive."

"I know, at least I didn't say anything that I was thinking." I smirked.

"I don't even want to know what you were thinking. Do you think he saw anything?" A frown appeared on Danielle's face.

"I doubt it, but you haven't let go of my hand." We both look down, our hands still intertwined.

Macey walks over to us, "yeah cause that wasn't awkward at all. Danielle, remind me not to piss of Stefania."

Danielle starts laughing, "trust me that's nothing, should have seen her stand up to my father."

Macey looks at me, "you didn't."

"He was shouting at Danielle. I just threatened to drag him off set, that's nothing." I put my arm around Danielle's shoulders and pulled her into a hug.

"D, keep this one please." Macey walked back over to the children trying their best with the golf.

We spend the rest of the afternoon playing mini golf and Danielle beating us all because she's so competitive.

As the evening draws in, we head back to the house and get changed. We go to a restaurant that is Danielle's dream. A lot of cheese and a lot of chocolate. The children stayed with Macey's sister so just the three of us went out.

"Dani," Macey looks at Danielle who is cleaning out the little pots of cheese, "you going to save any for us?"

I pull out my phone, "hang on I need a photo of this." Danielle is sticking her tongue out with concentration whilst getting the last little bit out of the pots.

"Just... a... little... bit... more" Danielle is really trying to get the last little bit of cheese.

"No room for dessert then?" My question makes her raise her head so fast and gives me puppy dog eyes.

"But chocolate." She puts on her baby voice. As she says that, the waiter walks over and brings dessert which is probably going to be all for Danielle. Her eyes light up as it is placed on the table in front of us.

I swear her love for chocolate runs deeper than her love for me.

The conversation has been about the wedding mostly. With Danielle telling us her visions for it and where it will be, what it will look like. I'm just glad she's planning this, I wouldn't even know where to start.

"Dani," Macey stops Danielle, "I swear you never wanted to get married?"

"I didn't either though." I finish off my dessert.

"So why are you getting married if none of you wanted to?" I can see where Macey's confusion comes from.

Danielle just smiles at me, "I never thought that I would ever get married for so many reasons, my father for one. But I didn't think I would ever find my soulmate. But my soulmate is sat opposite me."

I reach over and hold Danielle's hand, "exactly the same reasons for me too. But I always thought that marriage was something people done for men to dominate over women."

Macey grabs a napkin from the table and dab her eyes, "you two are completely made for each other."

"You're too soft Mace." Danielle chuckles at Macey.

"You better let go of each other before someone spots you." I love how Macey is so careful with our relationship secret.

Danielle and I sigh and let go of one another's hands.

After we finish up, we head back to the house. It's pretty late so we say goodnight and head upstairs to our bedroom. I sit on the end of the bed, "today was actually really fun."

Danielle starts laughing as she's getting changed, "even when you got pissed at me?"

"No Bambina, I wasn't pissed at you. I just don't know why he couldn't have carried on walking past us." I think I make a valid point.

"How was he supposed to know that we are together?" Danielle walks over to me and straddles my lap.

"I know, I just don't appreciate him trying to ask my soon to be wife out." I lean in a kiss the tip of her nose.

"I love it when you say that. I also love how jealous you get." Danielle chuckles a little bit.

"Only when men think they can get back together with a woman despite her being in a very committed relationship." I can feel the anger returning.

Danielle smiles, "and that is why I never wanted you two to meet."

"Why would we ever meet?" I snapped. I move Danielle off of me and stand up, walking over to the drawers to start getting changed.

"Stef, I didn't mean it like that." Danielle walks over and wraps her arms around me. She kisses my shoulder, "do you need me to show you how much I love you?" Her kisses start rising up my neck and she bits my earlobe.

I turn around to face her, "you're going to need to do more than that." I back us up and push her onto the bed.