Chapter 70

Stefania POV

I look up at the blonde beauty fast asleep. It's very rare I actually look up at her but we'll forget that.

She looks so peaceful. So beautiful. So enchanting. I have had some amazingly good karma come my way to be able to call her my wife and my forever. She is the definition of my happily ever after.

I lightly brush over her face with my thumb, removing the stray hair from her face. If I could stay in this moment forever, I would.

Danielle starts waking up, she slightly opens her eyes finding my eyes already locked into hers "good morning beautiful."

"Are you looking in the mirror?" I move myself up so my head is next to hers.

"Babe it's too early for you to not make any sense." Danielle tries to open her eyes fully. Her sleepy voice melts my heart.

"You must be looking in a mirror because you are the beautiful one here." I see the smile form on her face. I could see that smile all day.

Danielle pulls me quickly into her arms again and squeezes a little tighter. I bury my face into her neck, embracing her warmth.

"Bambina?" I whisper to which Danielle nods, "do you remember when we first met?"

"Of course I do, why do you ask?" Danielle still half asleep.

"Do you know that I thought you were so beautiful it felt like my heart melted? I remember looking into your eyes and saw then sparkle brighter than the stars and your hair falling perfectly onto your face. I knew from that moment that I wouldn't change you for the world because you are perfect just the way you are. And honestly, you still take my breath away and melt my heart completely." I lift my head to see Danielle looking at me shocked.

"What made you say that?" She clears her throat, I can tell she doesn't want to cry.

"I thought I would let you know just how lucky I am." I place our foreheads together, closing our eyes and taking a deep breath.

"I love you so much Stef." Danielle leans in and crashes our lips together, holding onto my face.

We hear the dogs downstairs which make us break the moment and chuckle together, "stay here Bambina, I'll go." I give her one last kiss before getting up and going downstairs to two very hyper dogs.

After I give them food and water, I make myself a coffee and open the door to the yard. I soak up the morning sunshine, leaning on the doorframe. I feel hands around my waist and a kiss on my shoulder. No words need to be exchanged, silence can be everything at the right moment. Sometimes, all you need is the person you love and a coffee. Always a coffee. Never forget the coffee.

A little while later and we have to leave to go to set. We are 2 days away from wrapping this season up and then I am going to Brazil. I wish I could take Danielle with me but we agreed that she needs to spend time with Chris, Jacob and little Aspen. Then she is going on a road trip with Macey. It's sort of became my tradition to go to Brazil after we wrap a season, whether that was Grey's or Station 19. I go there to unwind and remember the things I'm grateful for. My friend Leco is one of them. Yes he got weird at the wedding but I hope that's just because he cares. I don't want to lose a longtime friend because of who I chose to marry.

"Danielle!" I shout up the stairs as I'm putting on my sneakers.

"Calm down you crazy woman," Danielle appears at the top of the stairs, "I'm here."

"Do you want Denise to shout at you for being late to makeup?" I know exactly what to say to make her move just a little faster.

Danielle's eyes widen then she runs down the stairs, grabbing her sneakers on the way out and running to the car not even putting them on yet. I can't help but laugh. She is something else isn't she?

We make it just in time, Barrett is stood leaning against her car in the parking lot. I roll my window down, "BUONGIORNO BARRETT!"

"You two are cutting it close for time, you're normally here way before now." Barrett walks over to us as we get out the car.

"Sorry, Danielle took so long to get ready." I give judgy eyes to Danielle.

She playfully slaps my arm, "oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that you turned into Father Time." Her sarcasm only makes me laugh as I place my arm around her shoulders.

"Are you guys excited for hiatus?" Barrett jumps slightly as we all walk through the lot.

"Not really," Danielle looks at me, "I have to spend nearly a month away from this one."

"That could be the best thing actually," Barrett looks at the pair of us, "time apart, fonder the heart."

I smile at Danielle, "I don't think it's possible to love you any more than I already do."

"Stop with the cuteness," Barrett puts her hand to her throat, "I think I'm going to be sick with it."

"Really," I look at Barrett, "she lights up my life just like the sun lights up the world."

"Stef, what's with the adorableness today?" Danielle's hand grips me tighter around my waist as she places her head on my shoulder.

We reach makeup as Denise opens the door, "just the women I want to see, come on." She steps back into the trailer and we walk in.

"Denise," Danielle is the first one to sit down, "do you believe that time apart makes the heart grow fonder?"

Denise looks at me and Barrett, "why is she asking?"

I smile, "because I'm going to Brazil without Dani whilst she spends time with her family."

"Ok," Denise looks back to Danielle, "it all depends how full your heart already is, sometimes distance can be the best thing to happen or it could be the realization that you don't need them in your life. Which I doubt that will happen with you two."

I lock eyes with Danielle in the mirror, "Tolkien once said 'I would rather share one lifetime with you than to face all the ages of this world alone' and I really couldn't agree more."

"Yep now I need to ask," Barrett looks confusingly at me, "why are you so soppy today?"

I chuckle, "because I want Danielle to know what I feel in my heart before we have to be apart."

"I will allow that." Barrett nods in acceptance.

Denise turns Danielle round to face me, "Stef, say whatever you need to. Get it off your chest."

I look at Barrett then to Denise, finally seeing the grin on Danielle's face. I feel slightly embarrassed to be saying this in front of them but they have been through it all with us so I don't mind. I take a deep breath, I lean my arms on my thighs taking Danielle's hands into mine, "I love your smile. I love the way your eyes light up when you see me, especially in the morning. I have met a lot of people before you, but no one has ever changed my world like you have. You stole my heart from the moment I laid my eyes on you and I beg you to never give it back because it's the only place it belongs. You are my best friend. You listen to my rants even when I shout in Italian, you always listen. You put up with my bad habits. I can say anything to you and know you won't judge me. Whenever I'm fed up of fighting for a place in this world, it's you that gives me peace and hope. Yes, us being apart will kill me to my core but I know that no matter what, we always find our way back to each other," I can hear Barrett and Denise sniffle as Denise gives Barrett a tissue but I can't take my eyes off Danielle whose tears are falling freely down her face, "I love you Bambina."