Chapter 79

Danielle POV

Sunshine. I love that nickname. I got it because I always make things brighter when situations are cloudy. I've been called that for a while now and I never want to lose that.

Today was another tough one. Another day of Marina arguing. Another day that reminds me of all of the good I have in my life. 

Yet again I'm walking away from a scene that makes go in my head and over think things but positivity is the light at the end of the tunnel. An arm wraps around my shoulder, it's Barrett, "so I've been thinking and I wanted to ask you something-"

"Barrett you turned down our offer of a threesome before so there's a slim chance of me inviting you back into the exclusive club." My sarcastic tones are really coming out now.

"Actually, I wasn't going to suggest that," Barrett lets go of me and starts walking backwards towards the trailers, "but thank you for letting me know that I still have a chance."

That woman makes me laugh, she waves at someone which makes my eyes trail away from her and over to the gorgeous brown hair being blown in the wind. The subtle hazel tones being lightened up by the beaming sun. Tanned skin being shown off from frayed shorts and a tank. The laugh that echoes through the lot sends the butterflies in my stomach wild. She isn't facing me but I know that's my wife. I'm standing still just taking in the natural beauty she radiates. It's as if everything is in slow motion.

I'm suddenly snapped out of my trance when I realize I am walking towards her and Jaina. I wrap my arms around Stefania's waist and hug her so tight.

Stef laughs a little, "hello to you too." Her arms fall onto my back as she reciprocates the hug.

"I've missed you." My top baby voice coming out because then she knows I just need a little attention.

"Danielle, I saw you two hours ago." She kisses the top of my head whilst I've nestled it in her neck.

"That's too long ago." I lift my head and pout.

"Ok, sorry to break up," Jaina pauses and gestures towards myself and Stefania, "whatever is happening but Dani, I was just asking Stef if she knew what Barrett is going on about today."

Stef drops her arms from me but takes ahold of my hand, "I haven't spoken to Barrett today so I can't help you."

"Actually now that you mention it, she did say she wanted to ask me something before I came over." My eyes widen and I start talking fast again, "oh my god, I mentioned the joke about the threesome and how she had a slim chance of having that opportunity again, but then it can't be that because she said it wasn't but what-"

Stef luckily cuts me off by grabbing my arms from flying all over the place, "breathe bella ok? it's not that."

"How much coffee have you had today D?" I can tell Jaina is holding back laughter, "plus it can't be that because she said the same thing to me, not the threesome though because we've definitely gone over that fiasco, but about asking me about something."

"So I have an idea," those words from Stef always makes me nervous, "why don't we just go and ask her instead of both of you talking like you're crazy?" Ok so she spoke some reason there.

We start to walk over to Barrett's trailer when Jay joins us, "everyone confused too?"

Jaina knocks on Barrett's door, "B, we're all here and very confused right now."

The door swings open to Barrett frowning at us, "since when do we knock on each other's doors? I mean it's understandable with them two," she points at me and Stef, "because of the amount of times I've wanted to burn out my eyeballs with what I've witnessed from them, but why start now?"

We all take a seat on the couch and watch silently as Barrett paces in front of us. "Ok. No." Back to silence. "How about? No."

"Doss?" The worry in my voice must have made Barrett turn to us all.

"I had an idea but I don't think it will work." She slumps herself on the masses of cushions that have piled on the floor.

Jaina looks at us then turns back to Barrett, "can we help with anything?"

Barrett buries her head in her hands, "no."

Jay leans forward, "would you like our opinion on the thing no one knows about but you asked if you could ask us about?"

Stef takes a deep breath and stands up, "I would love to stay and solve this mystery with you all but I need to get to the Grey's set." She leans down and kisses me and whispers, "I love you."

"I love you too, find me when you've finished." 

"Always," Stef turns to the rest of them, "have fun." And she's gone.

Barrett quickly looks at me, "where's the fluffballs?"

I look at Barrett quizzical, "Denise is looking after them today, why?"

Barrett stands up and runs so fast out of her trailer it takes me time to understand what is happening. Myself, Jay and Jaina follow her outside and see her run into the makeup trailer.

As we get closer, Denise pops her head outside, "sorry ladies but it seems like Barrett finally needs help from someone who can do just that."

As soon as Denise closes the door, Jay looks at me and Jaina shocked, "did she just associate me with being a lady?"

We both lovingly touch his shoulder and laugh.

It's been 2 weeks since Barrett's mini brain malfunction, as we all like to call it. And still no one knows what actually happened or what she's planning. Whenever it's mentioned to her, she shuts it down super fast. To be honest, no one has really seen her or spoken to her outside of set. She sort of disappears straight away.

"Danielle?" Stef brings me back to reality, we're sat on the couch at home where we are supposed to be watching tv, "where did you go?"

I sit up straight and turn to face her, "this whole thing with Barrett is worrying me."

"You know what she's like bambina, when Barrett has an idea she runs with it. It has nothing to do with us." The calmness in Stef's beautiful brown eyes always bring me peace.

Wait a second, "you said you hadn't spoken to her that day right?"

Stef squints her eyes at me, "si."

"Why wouldn't she ask you though?" The lightbulb goes off in my head, "unless she knows you will come and tell me and she doesn't want any of us to know and that is why she's being so secretive about it." I stand up, "I know what she's planning."

Stef leans her head against the back of the couch like she always does when I'm rambling on about something, "what do you think she's planning?"

"What's coming up soon?" I crouch down in between Stefania's legs.

She gasps, "surely not?"

"There's only one way to find out."