Chapter 80

Stefania POV

I have had a very painful 2 weeks. I've lost Danielle's attention because she's so focused on what Barrett is planning. It feels like I'm losing myself in the process and I don't know how to make it stop. I don't know how to tell her without breaking down. I love her and she knows that.

"Stef?" Danielle pulls me from the gaze I had been keeping, "where'd you go?"

I shake my head, "sorry, I've just been thinking a lot recently."

Danielle sits up and frowns, "about what?"

I can't keep this eye contact, "nothing it's fine."

Danielle grips ahold of my hands, "honey, you've been twirling with your rings." I look down and see that my fingers have become red where the pressure and friction of my rings have made the marks. "What's going on?"

I feel a tear fall down my cheek, apparently my body is letting out the emotions I want to suppress. I feel the softness of Danielle's hand cup my face as her thumb wipes away that tear. I finally manage to look up and into those ocean blue eyes that have glossed over with the pain of seeing me upset. 

My chin wobbles, "I feel like I'm losing you bambina."

The pain in Dani's eyes soon turn to confusion, "what do you mean?"

"I mean, it feels like something else has grabbed your attention and I feel as though you jumped at the chance to distract you from us." I try and stop my whole body from breaking down even though the shaking and the pressure behind my eyes is becoming unbearable to suppress anymore.

Danielle tilts her head in confusion then clenches her jaw, this isn't going very well. "I'm not too sure what you're saying Stef, but I haven't gone anywhere and I haven't changed."

"No, not like that." I keep calm to try and not aggravate this situation.

Danielle moves her hands from mine and stands up, "then what is it? Because clearly something is bothering you and I thought that we don't keep secrets and we share every emotion with each other so we can help with anything."

"Si, we don't keep secrets but I've been trying to find the right words to tell you." My eyes follow Danielle as she paces around the front room.

Dani's voice isn't so calm anymore and is getting louder, "tell me what Stefania?"

I can't stay calm any longer, "all I wanted to do was tell you how I'm feeling but you've gotten defensive for no reason. This is what I mean Danielle."

Danielle is shouting now, "how am I supposed to not get defensive when the reason you're upset is because you have some weird theory that I'm distancing myself from you? Of course I'm going to defend myself because I've clearly not done anything wrong."

"Yes you're here in body but never in mind anymore Danielle," I stand up and stand opposite her now, "you're constantly trying to figure out what is going on elsewhere and never focusing on us. Work is getting hard for me now Danielle and you would have known that if you simply just noticed."

Danielle smirks a little, that exact smirk she does when she's about to shout, "I'm here Stef, I'm always here but have you not realized that I have to distract myself because I can't be around someone who is needy all the time?"

I gasp and stay silent for a moment, the rage is bubbling inside of me, "you know exactly what is going on right now, how dare you say that I'm needy all the time? I need my wife right now and you know that. We've only been married for almost a year and we're fighting because you can't handle what I need right now. I need my best friend. I need the person I can call on when times are tough. I need the person who I fell in love with the first time I heard your voice. I need the person that everyone got annoyed at because you were too scared to talk to me. I need the person who I wrote letters to because you understand the meaning behind them. I need the person who despite everything, chose me." I walk over to the photo hanging on the wall, the photo that Barrett took of us when I proposed, "I need this person right here. The one who will stick by me through think and thin. I need the person who will help support our love even when work is getting super hard. I need the person who will reassure me that what is happening to our characters will not happen to us. I need the person who will hold my hand right now because my sister's health is declining. Not the person who is trying to create something out of nothing all because I'm scared of losing her. I'm scared of losing the only person who has made my world whole. I'm scared of losing the only person who knows me. I'm scared of losing the only person who has made me truly see what life is supposed to be like. I'm scared of losing you Bambina. And I know I wont ever have you out of my life but now I'm starting to think that you never wanted this marriage in the first place."

The room falls silent. I can feel the blood rushing through my veins and the redness in my face from the anger that has just exploded out of me. I stare at Danielle. Her eyes are no longer a light blue, more like a deep navy blue. Tears are streaming down her face but her body is so still.

My body moves without me realizing. I put on my shoes that are by the front door, grab my car keys.

"Stef, wait," Danielle says, the pain in her voice is so clear, "I'm sorry."

I turn to face her, "sorry isn't going to cut it this time Bambina." I walk out of that door and get into my car. 

The drive to my old house isn't that long but it doesn't feel right. I know I joked about coming here to get away from Danielle, but I never thought I would actually do it.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Barrett: STEF! What has just happened?

Barrett: Dani is on the phone to me right now.

Barrett: I've never heard her cry like this before.

Stef: She hurt me.

Barrett: I've been able to make out some of the words she is saying and she knows that she's hurt you but I still don't understand what is happening.

Stef: I just wanted to tell her how I've been feeling recently and she overreacted and said some very hurtful things.

Barrett: Ok I get it now. Let me guess, the Italian goddess turned into a very angry human who blurted out everything and walked away?

Stef: Si, how did you know?

Barrett: Because I know you. I know that right now both of you are hurting and you both need to sort your shit out and make up because we all look up to you both.

Barrett: And I know you know what I'm planning so don't even think about ruining it.

Barrett: I've calmed her down by the way. Go talk to her Stef, you need each other right now.

Stef: Thank you for doing that but I need some time to process what has happened and I have a few days off so I think I'm just going to stay here for the next few days. Please tell Danielle not to contact me or come here. She should understand.

Days turn into nights and I lose track of when I sleep and when I'm actually awake. I can tell Jeff is missing Danielle and Ford, she's not being herself. Truthfully, I miss them too. I miss waking up cuddling Dani but I just need her to realize that what she did was wrong.

Going back to set is strange today. Driving there just myself and Jeff. As soon as I pull up to the parking lot, I see Danielle getting out of her car. The knot in my stomach grows bigger. I don't know if it's excitement or nerves. 

I get out, let Jeff out and turn around to see Danielle walking towards me, "hey," she says quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

"Hi." the awkward tension in the air is very prominent right now.

Danielle sighs, "Stef please come home."

"I need a good apology and a reason to come home." That came out wrong and I can see that it hurt Danielle but it's too late to take it back now otherwise it'll start another argument.

Her jaw clenches again, "I'll prove that I'm sorry, just come home tonight and you'll see." The silence is deafening, "I need you and I know you need me."

I nod slowly trying not to cry again. As I start to walk away, Danielle gently grabs my hand so I stop and look into her gorgeous eyes. She whispers "I love you." then lets go.

I reciprocate the volume of her voice, "I'll see you tonight."

A/N   Stay with me guys, everything will be ok.