Chapter 9

Danielle POV

Just reading letters like this gives me uncontrollable butterflies.

"Why can't someone do this for me?" Jaina said whilst wiping tears from her face.

I can't help but stay focused on Stefania's eyes locked into mine.

"Why can't you two just put us out of our misery and date?" Barrett pulled us out of our gaze.

"We've spoke about this." I chuckled.

"She's got to court me little first." Stefania hinted to me.

"Screw courting, the sexual tension between you two is ridiculous!" Barrett said whilst walking to the kitchen to get herself and Jaina tissues.

"Guys, your chemistry has always been amazing. On screen and off. The fans have noticed too." Jaina managed to say whilst being handed a tissue.

"The edits have been incredible and actually pretty accurate." I laughed.

I can feel Stefania's eyes still locked onto me. I think over all of the fan edits and they are really spot on with us. Our chemistry has been picked up on from that very first scene we had together. I guess we have just been putting it to one side and focusing all of that tension between us into Maya and Carina.

A while later, everyone had left. I slumped onto my couch and took a deep breath and screamed a little because I was so frustrated with this situation. I pulled my phone from my back pocket and messaged Stefania.

Bambina: Hey Stefania, can I ask you something?

Goddess: You can ask me anything.

Bambina: Are we just kidding ourselves?

Goddess: Bambina, I don't understand

Bambina: With us, I mean we can't act on what we have because it will mean either losing our jobs or each other. I don't want to think about either one of those things.

 Stefania POV

What is she saying? Does she not want to even give us a shot? I feel my throat start to close over and my eyes fill up. The tears are now flowing over my cheeks. I can't even reply back to her, it's like my body has shut down.

Bambina: Stefania, are you there?

What am I supposed to do now? I can't even think of not having Danielle in my life. I'm still staring at the messages when Danielle calls me. I manage to answer.

"Stef, are you ok?" I can hear that she has been crying by the cracking of her voice.

"Yes, I... I just don't know what to say." I'm struggling to even put words together.

"Are you crying?" I can hear in her voice that she's worried.

"No bambina, I'm ok." I replied sniffling.

"I'm coming over, give me 10 minutes."

Before I can even answer, she hung up the phone. I sit back on my couch and try not to think about any of this.

I didn't even realize that 10 minutes have past until I hear a knock at my door. I managed to get the feeling back in my legs to walk over and open the door. Danielle is stood there with the biggest puppy eyes I've ever seen. Her face is red and puffy where she's been crying too. All I have to do is take one look at her and I'm crying. I open my arms and welcome her into a hug that seemed to last a long time, both of us crying.

Eventually, we make our way to my sofa. "Stef...I..." Danielle put her head down.

"Hey," I picked her head back up from her chin, "we will figure this out, ok?"

Her body fell into mine and we lay on my couch hugging and not saying a word. Each other's presence is enough for now.

After about an hour Danielle's head raises, "What are we going to do?"

"We can do two things," I took a breath, "either we stop now-"

"But I don't want to." Danielle cut me off and sat upright.

"Or we can try and see if this is what we both want." I wipe the tears from her cheek.

"I don't want to lose what we have."

"Neither do I bambina." My eyes start to fill again.

"Ok so if we keep this quiet from everyone. Including Barrett, Jaina and Jay. Then no one in the show will find out." I can see her going into panic mode soon.

"Danielle, look at me." I pull her chin so she can look me in the eyes, "we need them to help us. You will start to unravel and need someone other than me to confide in."

"I guess you're right. I just can't think of losing you Stef, I have never met anyone like you." Those ocean blue eyes focus solely on me. "There is honestly no one I'd rather spend-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, I interrupted "Baciami"