Chapter 54

Stefania POV

Danielle hasn't really said a word since breakfast. I don't want to push her though, she will let me know in her own time. But whatever her mom said, it must have been serious for Danielle to block everything out and go into her own little bubble. I am honestly quite angry at Kathie for having spoken to Danielle the day after our wedding. Especially if it's bad news. Couldn't she have waited until we got home?

"Stef, stop looking at me like that." Danielle is pacing around our room.

"Like what?" I might have been staring but I don't know.

"You're giving me your worried eyes and it's not helping." Danielle sits on the end of the bed.

"Bambina, I am worried." I sit up and lean over, placing my hand on top of hers.

Danielle sighed, "it's my dad."

"Ok?" Is she about to talk about it?

"He's pissed at us, well more so me but basically us." Danielle looked at me with anger in her eyes.

"Why?" I frown which doesn't help her mood.

"Because we got married," Danielle stands back up again, "he asked my mom if I got married to the nut case Italian who threatened him. How dare he speak about you like that? He asked where we are so he can come and give us a piece of his mind."

I chuckled a little, "like he will be able to."

"Stefania," Dani snapped, "I'm serious. This is serious. He has never loved me for me and I have accepted that but he's now bringing my wife into this."

"Ok Danielle, sit down and take a breath." I pulled her hand down so she can sit back on the edge of the bed whilst I moved closer to sit next to her.

"He said he wants to see his dyke of a daughter." Dani took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to calm down.

"Bambina, it will be fine. Can we forget this until we go back home and enjoy our honeymoon here?" I squeezed Danielle's hand a little tighter.

"As long as you can take my mind off it." Danielle raised her eyebrow then starts pushing me back on the bed kissing me in the process. There's a knock on the door and Danielle huffs as she gets up, "Barrett if that's you I swear to god-"

Stephanie burst through the door, "so me and mom are going home today and I got a text from dad," Steph spots me laying on the bed, "oh hi Stef," she smiles at me as I half-wave back.

"Wait slow down," Danielle sits Stephanie on the chair, "what did the message say?"

Steph takes a deep breath, "it says: 'I can't believe you have allowed this to happen. I am so disappointed in you for going along with this monstrosity. If you carry on letting this happen then I want nothing more to do with you' what is going on?"

"Umm," Dani looks at me, "dad hates us."

"I know he's an ass, but why say that?" Steph leans onto her knees staring at her phone.

"Because I have married a woman he is threatened by. Actually no, just because I have married a woman." Danielle runs her hand over my leg.

Stephanie finally realizes what she has interrupted, "oh no, did I barge in at the wrong time?"

"No," I laugh and sit up, "it happens a lot don't worry."

"Look Dani," Steph gets up, "I'm going to go home and talk to dad, get him to calm down."

"Steph, there's no point," Danielle walks her to the door, "dad doesn't like Stef because she told him to stay away from me and he hates me because I am nothing like who he wanted me to be." Steph nods, she waves at me and leaves the room.

"Danielle, let's get changed and go out for the day. Barrett, Jay and Jaicy aren't going home until tomorrow so we can have a good day with them." I stand up and pull Danielle into a hug, wrapping my arms around her shoulder as she takes her hands and place them on my waist. Dani nods as kisses me quickly before we get dressed. It's hot today so it's shorts and t-shirts.

We walk over to Barrett's room and knock on the door very loudly. Suddenly the door swings open with Barrett running past us and down the hall, "BARRETT!" I shout after her.

Barrett turns around, "come on we need to go!"

"What's going on?" Danielle shouts at Barrett who is jogging backwards.

"I'll explain when we get there but we need to go NOW!" Barrett starts running again. Danielle and I run after her. We reach the reception downstairs where Jay and Jaicy are waiting for us.

"Took your time guys." Jaicy is leaning against the desk cross armed.

"Ok, what is going on?" I'm trying to catch my breath.

Jay looks at me, "we booked a cab and it was Barrett's job to get you both but she was late then forgot her phone so had to run back to her room."

"Wait," Danielle looks furiously at Barrett, "you're telling me that you worried me for no reason?"

"Well we needed to get down here fast and the only way I knew how was to worry you." Barrett looks at us with a cheeky smile.

We all get into the cab, Danielle and I still don't know where we are going. It soon stops by the beach. Jay gets out first and grabs the bags from the trunk. Jaicy smiles at us, "we're here."

"Are we having a beach day?" I open the door and jump out, taking in the beauty of the sand and sea.

"We are!" Barrett starts jumping next to me, "we couldn't come to Sicily and not have a beach day."

Like children, we all race each other onto the sand and fight over the best spots to put our towels.

I'm soaking in the sun as Danielle, Jay and Barrett run into the sea splashing each other. I am led next to Jaicy who turns onto her side to face me, "Stef?"

I turn to Jaicy, "Yes?"

"How did you know? Like how did you know Danielle was 'the one'?" Jaicy actually uses air-quotes.

I laugh, "it was very early on. I had only spoken to her a few times but every word that came out of her mouth was like poetry to me. She made me properly laugh instantly and we clicked straight away."

"So you wanted this before you even knew if she liked you in that way?" Jaicy leans her head on her hand.

"When you put it like that, yes. I love easily and I felt that happening with Danielle quite soon. Whether she liked me in the same way or not, I would love her as a friend anyway." I smile at Jaicy who is very into this conversation.

"I mean, I think we all knew before you both. The thing that gave it away was all of the lives and the flirting that was going on. It was then that you started stressing to me about your feelings. But I had figured it out way before then and so did Giac." Jaicy sits up and hands me a bottle of water.

I look very confusingly at her when we hear a chilling scream coming from the sea.