Chapter 74

Stefania POV

"BAMBINA!" Danielle's adorable smile lights up my phone screen whilst I am jumping around my hotel room.

"Stef are you ok babe?" Danielle laughs as she watches me be a bit crazy.

"Si, I've had a lot of coffee but I'm also just so happy to see your little face." I get a head rush so have to sit down quickly.

"I thought you were still angry at me." Danielle's smile turns into a slight frown.

I tilt my head and raise my eyebrows, "of course not, no one has been hurt and nothing has been said so I am not angry at you Bella."

Her smile returns, "good."

"Guess what is in 1 week?" I can't sit still, I'm hyper and excited.

"I think you might need to remind me." Danielle knows exactly what I'm on about but she loves to tease.

"WE GO TO ITALY!" And I'm now back up jumping around my room.

I can hear Macey laughing at me, "Stef you ok?"

"Macey!" I stop jumping and look back at the phone, "are you looking after my wife?"

Macey puts her arms around Danielle's shoulders, "I always do when you're not around, I don't think she is safe being left alone."

Danielle's face drops as she turns to face Macey, "I am perfectly fine on my own thank you."

"Ok so what happened when you arrived in Texas?" Macey makes Danielle go red.

"What have I missed?" I'm slightly confused but very intrigued.

Danielle shakes her head at Macey but Macey moves Danielle out of the way and grabs her phone, running away from Danielle, "she literally cried in my arms before even saying hello to me and sobs about how much she misses you."

The camera is moving around a lot and I can't even make out what is going on now, all I can hear is Danielle shouting at Macey to give her the phone back. When the phone becomes steady, Danielle is fixing her hair, "ok yes I did cry, I am allowed to miss you but I get to see you soon so I'm too excited."

"Did you just tackle Macey?" I'm trying to put on my serious voice but I just laugh instead.

Macey is shouting from the background, "I forgot how unnaturally strong she is."

Danielle's focus is still on me, "she shouldn't have ran off with MY PHONE!" She turns back around and I can see Macey lying on the couch looking out of breath.

"Danielle, apologize to Macey." I finally have my serious voice on so she knows I mean it.

Danielle turns back to face me and looks at me like she's about to throw a tantrum, "but she started it."

"Do you want me to do that thing when we get to Italy?" I raise my left eyebrow and bite my bottom lip.

She very quickly turns around, "I'm sorry Mace."

Macey jumps off the couch, "I sort of want to know what you meant but I want to keep my mental sanity in check so I'm not going to ask."

I can't help but laugh, "where are you going today?"

"We are off to Tennessee today and we'll be spending the last few days of our trip there." I don't know if Danielle is sad to be leaving the road trip or if she's excited to come to Italy.

"Please say you have your cowgirl hats ready?" I actually find Danielle quite sexy in hers.

Macey puts one finger up to the camera then runs off, Danielle follows her movements then starts laughing before I can see what's going on, "YEEHAW!" Macey returns to camera view with her hat and boots on. She slams Danielle's hat on her head so hard, it covers her eyes.

"Babe? What's happened? It went so dark so fast." Danielle laughs as she pretends to feeling around her, catching Macey's hat in the process and pulling that down hard too.

"Ok, I think I will leave you both to it," my stomach is hurting where I'm laughing so much, "Danielle?"

Her hat suddenly comes flying off and revealing Danielle whose bottom lip is stuck out and she is giving me her very best puppy dog eyes, "when will I speak to you next?"

The look of shock on Macey's face is priceless, "D, you facetime each other like 5 times a day I'm pretty sure you will speak tonight."

"Si, we will talk later?" I don't know why I'm even asking, I know we will.

Danielle crosses her arms and huffs at me, "fine."

"Macey, make sure she doesn't have any more chocolate please, she only turns into a little kid when she has either too much coffee or too much chocolate." I'm now trying not to look at Danielle who is trying to keep a straight face.

"No problem," Macey looks at Danielle then back to me, "talk later Stef, bye."

"Ciao Macey." I am now having to bite my inner cheek so I don't laugh at Danielle looking back and forth between Macey and I.

"What about me?" And the normal Danielle is back now, "Stef?"

"Ciao bambina, I love you." I look deep into her gorgeous blue eyes and feel the knots in my stomach tangle even more where I miss her.

"That's more like it, I love you too baby." Danielle blows kisses at me and I do the same. Macey is in the background, pretending to be sick.

We hang up and I fall onto my bed and curl up in a little ball. Uncontrollable tears are flowing from my eyes. The pain I feel without her is undesirable. But the feeling I have when I am with her is the best feeling in the world. She makes me laugh like a goof ball and my face constantly hurts where I am smiling so much. I guess that is what love is.

I feel a soft hand on my back, I turn around to see Leco stood there looking very worryingly at me, "I'm fine Leco, I just got off the phone with Danielle."

"Ok, just remember that you will be seeing her very soon and these tears," he wipes my cheek as he speaks almost in a whisper to help calm me down, "they will turn into happy tears because you will become whole again. You are only feeling like this because your soulmate isn't within reaching distance and it feels like you've lost a limb. But the thing that will bring you peace is knowing that you have found your person and the woman you are spending your life with. Not many people get to say that. You and Danielle are the couple that people look up to and want the same love you both have. The looks you give each other, the smiles from across the room, the silent 'I love you' with just eye contact. I have never known two people more perfect for each other."

"Thank you." I eventually stop crying but the pain is still very prominent.

--

1 week later

I have just arrived in Milan! I get to see Danielle very soon and hug her again and kiss her finally. I can't keep still again, I am waiting by the arrivals in the airport. I have butterflies in my stomach now too. I am looking at the floor trying to calm myself down.

The second I look up, my heart drops.