Chapter 40

Danielle POV

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Every year makes me so happy like I am a child again. Mainly because I surround myself with the people I love and care about so deeply. This year I am fortunate again to be on set working.

I wake up to an empty bed. Stefania must already be awake. It's so weird not having her being a Koala this morning. My eyes adjust to the room filled with balloons on the ceiling that all say 'Happy Birthday' now I'm wondering how long Stefania has actually been awake.

As I stretch out across the bed, the bedroom door opens to Stefania walking in with a tray. "Happy Birthday Bella!" she walks over to me and I sit up.

"What's all this?" I gestured towards the breakfast she has made me and the balloons.

"It's your birthday, I want to make it as special as I can." She places the tray on my lap. Stefania has made me French toast and cut it into a heart, with coffee on the side.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I lean over and kiss her.

"I would say to take your time but we have to go to set soon." Stefania laughs as she starts getting dressed.

"Stef?" I say with a mouthful of toast.

Stefania turns around to look at me, "yes?"

"Thank you for starting this day off the best way possible." There is a better way I can think of but I have never had anyone do something like this for me.

Stef walks over to me, leans down with the cutest smile and kissed the top of my head, "and it's only going to get better Bambina. But only if you hurry up."

I quickly scoff down my amazing breakfast and get ready for the day, I'm wearing my red dress with tiny white flowers on it and my trusted big hat with cowgirl boots.

We arrive on set and I can't see anyone anywhere. They all must be shooting already. We get to my trailer and there's a banner over the door that says 'Happy Birthday Danielle!' The little child in me comes out and I start jumping so excitedly. "Stef, what have you planned?"

I turn around to Stefania who is laughing at me, "Just open the door."

I apprehensively open my trailer door and this is also filled with balloons but with Barrett and Jaina stood in the middle of it. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI!" They both scream at me as I walk in.

"AAHH thank you guys so much!" I run to them and hug them both so tight.

"We got you a cake," Jaina goes to the side and picks up a personalized cake with a photo of all of us on it, "we're thinking about taking it to makeup so you can blow out your candles with them all around you."

"Yes that would be perfect." I don't know whether to scream with excitement or cry at all of these amazing gestures. I turn around and see Barrett and Stefania giggling at me.

"Ok D, let's head on over there." Barrett takes the cake from Jaina.

I grab hold of Stefania's hand as the 4 of us walk over to the makeup trailer. Well I skip over.

Jaina knocks on the door and Denise opens it, "Happy Birthday Danielle!" The whole makeup team shout out to me.

I head in first, the counters are filled with chocolate and candy and cupcakes. I start jumping about again. As I'm admiring all of my favorite things, I hear them singing 'happy birthday'. I look to see that Jaina is carrying my cake towards me with lit candles. I take hold of Stefania's hand who is stood next to me. I blow out my candles wishing for a puppy of my own. As everyone cheers I turn and grab Stef's face and kiss her. "Thank you." I whisper.

"Bella I have to go back to my trailer to grab something. I'll be right back." Stefania lets go of my hand and rushes out of the door. I look to Barrett who shrugs her shoulders.

Denise takes the cake from Jaina and places it on the side. I take the knife handed to me and cut the first slice. Honestly, it doesn't feel right doing this without Stefania but I know she'll be back soon.

"D, what did you wish for?" Barrett asks me.

"If I tell you, it won't come true." I chuckle at her.

"I know what it is." Jaina taunts Barrett.

"How do you know?" I look confusingly at Jaina.

"D," She places her hand on my shoulder, "you wish for the same thing every year."

"Oh, I know what it is." Barrett laughs with Jaina. And they say in unison, "a puppy."

With that, there's a knock on the door. I'm making a start on all of this candy when I hear Stefania say "Danielle, what did you wish for?"

"OH MY GOD!" I turn to see Stefania holding a little puppy in her arms wrapped in a red blanket. I drop to the floor in tears.

Stefania kneels down in front of me, "meet Ford."

"How?" I am truly speechless.

"I knew you've wanted your own puppy and seeing how you are with Jeff made my decision very clear." Stefania hands him over to me, "happy birthday Bella, I love you."

"I love you so much, thank you babe." I lean over to Stef as she holds my face and kisses me. It's a bit salty from my tears but it just means so much to me.

"Alright love birds. You are in a public place." Barrett shouts from behind us.

I eventually stand up with the help of Stefania and Denise takes a photo of me holding little Ford. Wishes really do come true. I post that photo on Instagram with the caption: 'I blew out the candles and my wish came true! Meet Ford'.

"We will happily look after him whilst your filming too, Stefania arranged the whole thing." Denise is stroking Ford's head. I look at Stefania who hasn't stopped smiling.

--

We wrap filming earlier than expected today which is fine by me. That means I get to spend more time with Stef and Ford today.

We say our goodbyes to everyone and head home, Stefania is driving so I can cuddle Ford the whole way. As we pull up in the driveway Stef looks at me with a mischievous grin, "I do have one more surprise for you."

"Wait there's more? Stefania you've done more than I could ever imagine today." I lean my head back onto the headrest and just gaze at her. This woman is purely amazing.

"Let me do this one last thing ok?" She puts her hand on my head and scratches my head very affectionately.

I nod. We go inside and Stef runs into the kitchen grabbing an envelope. I sit on the couch as Jeff gets used to the smell of Ford. Stefania skips over to me and hands me this envelope with 'Fidanzata' written on the front. Stef takes Ford from my lap so I can open it. Inside is a letter.

"I haven't wrote you a letter for a while now Bella and this is a very special occasion so I thought I would mark it with something that is special to us." Stef has tears in her eyes now, "read it."

I open it so carefully and read it, "Stefania are you joking with me right now?" I am a crying with so much happiness.