Chapter 36

Danielle POV

I've taken Stefania to Texas with me to see Macey. I haven't been to see her or the children in so long and taking Stef with me makes me even more excited. Macey has been my best friend for so many years, this will be her first time meeting Stefania.

We get off the plane and walk through the airport, making sure no one is spotting us together. I get greeted by Macey and her kids running and hugging me. Stefania stands back and laughs. Once the hugging stops, I turn to Stefania and hold out my hand for her to take. "Mace, this is my fiancée Stefania." I turn back to Macey who has tears in her eyes.

"I never thought those words would be coming out of your mouth Dani," Macey pulls Stefania in for a hug, "I'm glad we are finally meeting.

"Me too." Stefania is still holding my hand.

After the pleasantries, we arrive back at Macey's house. The kids help to take our bags into the house. We make our way to the front room with Macey with a bottle of water each. "Mace, I know we've only just got here but can we ask you something?" I start picking at the label on my bottle.

"Sure." Macey's eyes dart between me and Stefania.

I look at Stefania and just smile. I look back to Macey, "would you be alright flying to Sicily?"

"You're kidnapping me aren't you?" This made all of us laugh.

Stefania managed to get out, "no actually..." she looked to me to carry on.

"Would you be alright flying to Sicily to be my bridesmaid?" I took a deep breath waiting for her to respond. Macey starts screaming and practically dived on us both pushing us back on the couch. "I think we will take that as a yes."

After Macey decides to get off us, she runs to the kitchen and comes back with some champagne. "My best friend is getting married to a gorgeous Italian woman. I have been waiting for so long to say something like that!"

Stefania's cheeks go a wonderful shade of pink, "thank you."

"What's the plan for tomorrow Mace?" I take a glass for me and give one to Stefania.

Macey stands completely still, "are you actually joking? You drop the wedding bombshell and move topics like it's nothing?"

I turn to Stefania and we both giggle, "sorry?"

Macey sits back down, "I need more details. Starting with the proposal, I've heard Dani's side of things but I really need to hear yours Stef."

Stefania sits back a little, "I haven't even told Danielle yet how I managed to pull it off," she puts her hand on my thigh, "so first thing was asking Danielle's mom for permission, Kathie practically told me to do it before I could even ask...." I can hear her talk all day, I'm taking in every second of this. Stefania is honestly a dream come true. She has fit in here with no problems. "...so Paris and I gathered the crew and told them the plan for the shoot and me acting like I didn't like it so we would have to do the scene again." Stefania looked at me and smiled so lovingly.

I heard Macey sniffle slightly, "that is what I call true love. I mean just look at the way you both look at each other."

I lean in and kiss Stefania's cheek, "I didn't know you done all that whilst I was on set."

"Si, I can be quite sneaky." She makes me laugh.

We have a few drinks after the children go to bed. And talk weddings and itinerary for this trip.

--

It's the next morning and i wake up like i always do, with Stefania hugging me. I gently get up and go downstairs to make her a coffee. Macey is already up and standing in the kitchen, "morning Mace."

"Ah good morning D, sleep ok?" Macey winks.

I chuckled, "yes I did but no funny business happened." I started getting a pain in my leg.

"You good?" Macey goes to the freezer and grabs an ice-pack.

"Yeah I'm fine, Stef must have cut off my circulation." I grab the ice-pack and place it on my thigh.

"Do I want to know how?"

"Every morning I wake up to her Koala hugging me." I look up at Macey.

"I think even I am in love with you two! But honestly, you two need to tone down on those Instagram lives, it's getting a bit obvious now D." Macey is making Stefania and coffee because I will just burn it.

"Really? I didn't think it is that obvious." I grab the oat milk from the fridge and hand it to Macey.

"Dani, I was watching the live you two done the other week and the kids came downstairs and asked if that was Auntie Dani's new girlfriend because you look in love." Macey raised both eyebrows at me.

"I mean we could just not post anything of Stef for this trip and not tag her in anything. But then why would we if I'm not supposed to be in a relationship with her?" I sigh.

"Dani, let's not worry about it. Take any photo you want. Let's have fun. Worry about all that later." Macey hands me Stefania's coffee so I walk back upstairs into our room.

I hold the mug under Stefania's nose. You can tell she's Italian because that woke her up instantly. I placed the mug on the side and got back into bed with her. Back to a Koala hug. Back to my comfort.

"Are you ok Bambina?" Stefania lifted her head and placed her hand on my face.

"Yes, I am now. Macey just made some valid points." I tuck a strand of Stefania's hair behind her ear.

"What were they?" Stefania is now leaning over me to get her coffee and sitting up next to me.

"About how obvious we are getting and people are starting to figure out about us." I start picking at the seams of my shirt.

"Hey Bambina," Stef takes my hand, "let's just enjoy this trip and worry about that later."

I smirked, "that's what Mace just said too."

"Good," Stefania gets up, "then you should listen. Come on and get ready, I'm excited for today."

We get ready and meet Macey in the car. We end up going to an indoor golfing adventure.

I have to help Stefania with this as she can't golf to save her life. Every chance she gets, Stefania wraps her hands around my waist or kisses me or grabs my butt. And every time I have to check to see if anyone is looking.

I saw Macey take a sneaky photo of us and edit it. As she turns the phone round, I start crying instantly. Black and white. The sun shining behind us. We're pressing our foreheads together and smiling just before we kiss.

"Danielle?" A voice I never thought I'd hear again. My heart drops.