Chapter 21

Danielle POV

I came to set early today so I can go over my lines before heading to hair and makeup. Stefania still isn't really talking to me and I am really starting to worry now. The way we are at the moment is like what is was before we became a couple.

I get called to makeup, "we have the proposal scene to do today." I look at Denise.

"And you're worried because?" Denise carries on applying my makeup.

"Because it's a really intimate and emotional scene."

"Ok, Danielle. Sweetie," Denise stops and looks at me, "how many of these scene have you done before? A lot. This scene will be more authentic than any of the others because you and Stefania actually love each other. Put all of your emotions into it and make this one to remember."

"All of my emotions?" I cheekily grin at Denise.

"Ok, you just took that too far." we both burst out laughing.

I'm still chuckling a bit whilst walking to set. I bump into Jaina and we walk together. As we get to set, I see the whole crew there which is unusual. "Why is everyone here?" I whisper to Jaina as we get onto our spots.

"It's a big scene, people want to see it." Jaina looks around.

"Ok, proposal scene take 1!" Peter yells from the side.

--

Andy: You just... You just let her go?

Maya: What was I supposed to do? I was awful. She was awful.

Andy: B-But you guys are going to get back together right? Once her visa gets renewed?

--

I hear the car door slam behind me knowing that Stefania is walking towards me. As I turn around my heart drops. She looks incredible.

--

Carina: Marry me. Marry me. I know I'm a stubborn idiot and I don't want to get married just because the government says we have to, and I still think marriage was invented to keep women as property, but I'd much rather do something that I don't want to than lose you.

--

We finish that scene and everyone cheers except Stefania, "everything ok?" I ask.

"Sorry, Peter can we do that again?" Stefania yells. Peter nods. We take our positions again.

Jaina looks at me confused, "that was brilliant, why does she want to do it again?"

I shrug my shoulders.

Stefania POV

I sit back in that car again and take a deep breath. On the seat next to me is that little box. I pick it up and hold it for a second before putting it in my back pocket. I hear Peter yell action and the car starts moving. I open the door and walk towards Danielle again. These butterflies in my stomach will not go away.

Carina: Marry Me. Marry me.

Maya: Carina, I... I don't know if I want kids, and the world is a mess right now.

--

Here we go, I take a deep breath, "Yes the world is a mess, and the world is changing. Right now as we're standing here, the world is changing and it's beautiful. We can worry about kids later. Now what I know is that I want to be in this mess of a changing world with you, Danielle. Please Bambina, marry me."

Danielle's face dropped, "Stef you said my name."

I take her hands in mine, "Danielle, what we have is perfect. You're stubborn most of the time but you make my stomach hurt from laughing all of the time. You make me the happiest woman I could possibly be. I don't know how I've gone through life without you by my side. But I know that I never want to go through the rest of my life without you. The moment I met you, we clicked instantly and everyone picked up on it. It was only a matter of time until I started falling in love with you. I'm so glad we both took this job because I found my soulmate, I found my best friend, I found the love of my life. It seems like nothing else matters when I'm with you. I can breathe, I can love, I can be loved without any judgement from anyone. So Danielle, Bambina," I pull the ring from my back pocket and get down on one knee, as I open the box the sun instantly reflects off it and Danielle puts her hands over her mouth, "Please, please Bambina, marry me?"

Danielle gets on the ground with me, "of course I will!"

Cheering erupts through the whole set as I put her grandmothers ring on her finger and pull Danielle into a kiss that is so passionate yet filled with tears. "I love you so much." I whisper as our lips part.

"I love you too, is this my grandmothers ring?"

"Yes baby, your mother gave it to me." we stand up and kiss again now with even more tears from Danielle realizing that I asked for her mother blessing.

We turn to the crew and scream in unison "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

The whole crew run and hug us both.

Once everything calmed down, I turned to Peter, "were we rolling?"

"Yes we have the whole thing." His smile is so big right now.

"Wait, so we have this to keep?" Danielle wipes the tears from her face.

"Yes bambina, I wanted this to be something we can look back on and remember." I take her hands once again, "the easy part is over, you still have to meet my family." I chuckle as I pull her in for another hug.