Chapter 67

Danielle POV

Breathe Danielle, just breathe. Act natural. Don't touch Stefania where you shouldn't in front of cameras, save that for when you get home. I am anxious but so excited, this is the first time in a really long time that Stefania and I went to an event just the two of us without the Station 19 cast. Normally I would stick with Barrett who keeps my head in the game but this is an open field for all kind of things to go wrong. Just breath Danielle.

We arrive at the red carpet and my stomach goes into knots. Stefania put her hand on mine on my thigh, "I love you Bambina."

That's all I needed to hear to calm me down, "I love you too, now let's go and show everyone what we're made of."

We get out of the car and instantly get blindsided by camera flashes, this would normally be my que to take Stef's hand but I can't.

We both have our own set of photos taken first, "Stef." I call Stefania over and put my left hand on her back, under her jacket.

"Careful with that hand Bambina." Stef is talking through her teeth so no one can tell what she is saying.

I follow her lead, "I'm just allowing myself some skin to skin contact, nothing wrong with that."

"Guess what?" Stef looks at me with a cheeky smile.

"What?" I don't know if I want to know what she's going to say.

"I know how nervous you've been so I learned one of those stupid dad jokes," I can feel the excitement radiating off her, "what did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing, it just waved."

I can't control my laughter, I can feel my forehead vein sticking right out. I think Stef is laughing at my reaction because no way did she find that one funny. "come on, let's go in."

I take Stef's hand as we walk inside and find the bar. Priorities.

This room is filled with so many famous faces. I feel starstruck right now. "Can we have two shots of tequila please?" Stefania shouts at the bartender over the incredibly loud crowd around us.

"How are you so calm right now?" I lean towards Stef making sure she can hear me.

"Bambina I'm not. That is why the tequila is coming out so early. I need to calm down." The bartender gives us both our shot. We cheers and swallow those drinks like our lives depend on it, "you shouldn't be so nervous Danielle, you've been to events like this before but I haven't."

We both lean our backs against the bar and look out at everyone, "I still feel like a little fish in a huge ocean though."

Stef chuckles, "that does make sense because you are little."

As the night goes on, we relax more. I can't drink a lot though because I have to be on set super early in the morning. I guess we both can't comprehend what is happening because of all of the really famous people around us. We are sat at a table just admiring everyone around us.

"Stef," I shake Stefania's arm pulling her focus back to me, "we are going to have to leave soon."

"Bambina, it's only midnight. We can stay another hour, no?" Stefania puts on her puppy eyes knowing I can't resist them.

"Ok but only 1 more hour," I love how mesmerized she is right now. Stefania is looking at everyone in the room but I can only keep my eyes on her. I lean across the table to her and whisper in her ear, "you really are the most beautiful person here."

I can see Stefania's cheeks turn red, "you can't say stuff like that to me."

"Why not?" I laugh knowing exactly what she means.