Chapter 28

Danielle POV

I wake up to Stefania hugging me like she does every morning. I lay here for a while just admiring her beauty. But I have some party planning to do so I need to get up now. I gently pull her arm off me and slide out from under her. I'm trying to be as quiet as possible so I don't wake her. I get dressed and go downstairs where Jeff is waiting patiently for her food "hey Jeff, why don't we go for a walk before momma gets up?" Jeff licks my face before eating. I grab her lead and put on my shoes. The sun is so bright today.

After our walk, we walk in the front door and I notice Stefania is still asleep because her coffee maker hasn't been touched. I put my headphones in and sit on the couch with my laptop to start planning this engagement party. About an hour has passed and I didn't even realize. Suddenly, someone takes a headphone out of my ear so I jump and turn around to see Stefania putting it in her ear "good morning sleeping beauty."

"I like this music." Stefania walks round the couch and moves my computer onto the table. She smirks at me then straddles my lap, flipping her hair over her right shoulder.

"Stef?" our lips are now slightly separated looking into each other's eyes, "I'm trying to organize this party."

"Ok." Stefania gives me a quick peck then gets off and walks over to the kitchen. My God she just looks so stunning. How did I get so lucky?

My phones starts buzzing, Barrett is calling me, "hey Barrett, how are you?"

"Hello D, I'm doing really good. Have you spoke to Stef yet?"

I forgot Stefania has one of my headphones in. "Speak to Stef about what?" Stefania walks over to me and sits next to me with her coffee and a huge grin.

"Wait am I on speaker?" Barrett sounding worried that she might have just slipped out the secret.

I start chuckling, "no Barrett. She has one of my headphones in."

"I still want to know what you need to speak to me about." Stefania swings her legs round so they are on my lap and leans back a little.

"About the party." I have to look away because my face is getting red and she knows I'm lying if she sees.

"Yep, about the... the party." Barrett stutters.

"Ok," Stef gets up and gives me the headphone back before walking back around the couch, "I don't believe you but I love you too much to ask too many questions." I put my head back and she leans over and kisses me.

"I love you too." I watch as she walks away from me back upstairs.

"You two are just couple goals." Barrett pulls me out of my trance, "what are you going to do with getting her family over?"

"I don't think I can yet because there are still so many restrictions but I'm looking into it." I take in a deep breath.

"D, it's not the end of the world. You will meet them in person eventually." I hear Barrett chuckle a bit after she said that.

"What's funny?"

"Just thinking about the Instagram live we done when Stefania was first introduced into Station 19. D, do you remember how much you were talking about her? Like every other word was Stefania at one point." We both start laughing.

"Wow yes I do, no wonder the fans caught onto my crush instantly." I put my head in my hands.

"Anyway, how far are you on party preparations?"

"It will be at my house, decorations are ordered." I feel so proud of myself.

"Do you need our help for set up?" I'm guessing she means her and Jaina.

"Yes please that would be really good." We say our goodbyes and hang up. I put my music back on so I can focus on the party planning. I was going to email some DJ's but thought it would just be easier to make a playlist myself.

I make invitations to send via email to everyone which took longer to do than I expected. This invite is a photo of the both of us that Barrett took. It is in black and white when Stefania proposed when I got on the ground with her, which is so beautiful I'm going to get it blown up and framed in for the house.

I'm planning for this party to be this weekend so a bit of a short notice but everyone is either going away or busy for the hiatus. I get a reply in the group chat:

Jaina: How gorgeous is that photo though?

Barrett: Am I going to get photo creds when you frame it?

Jaina: Wait you're going to frame it?

Me: It is a stunning photo, yes Barrett you can sign it when it gets blown up and framed. Jaina, I'm going to put it in the house for when we officially know where we are living.

Jaina: Wait you haven't decided yet?

Me: Not really, we are thinking about moving in here but my place is bigger.

Barrett: I'm going with your place, it's bigger and more rooms for the future kiddies.

Me: Slow down B!

Stefania runs down the stairs so I take out my headphones and turn to her with tears in her eyes, "Stefania, what's wrong?" I get up and walk towards her.

"I love that photo." She wipes the tears from her eyes.

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "ok so happy tears then?"

"Yes bambina happy tears." She pulls me into a hug.

We spend the rest of the day laying on the couch watching movies just hugging. Stefania is being very fidgety, this is her tell-tell that something is wrong. I'm not going to ask her what's going on in her head because that might lead into an argument. "I haven't told you what my dad said yet."

Stef quickly sits upright and turns to me, "what did he say Bella?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "he told me that he will never accept me if I am with you. He said if I ever marry you, he will show up and ruin it."

Stefania moves closer to me and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, "he can say whatever he wants, I am here to stay Danielle. Nothing will ever get in the way of me marrying you."

I look deep into her eyes which are filling with tears again, "what's wrong Stef?"

"I..." she looks away, "after the party, I'm thinking of going to Sicily. I looked and I'm allowed bambina but you can't and I don't know what to do."