Chapter 34

Danielle POV

Days are getting so lonely now. It's been a week since Stefania left for Sicily and I miss her more and more every day. I have Jeff to keep me company though which is a blessing because she reminds me of Stefania so much. I've been thinking about our relationship a lot recently and as soon as she gets back, I want to marry her. I know we are already engaged to be married but I don't want to wait any longer. Stefania is my home. She makes me laugh all the time. She is everything I live for.
I don't want to be like 'surprise we're getting married today'. I just hope she feels the same.
We are doing 'We Chat Wednesday' today and I'm so excited to see her cute little face. I make sure I get all glammed up and sit outside because it's a beautiful day today. It's the season finale of Station 19 tomorrow which means Marina wedding. We can't give away any spoilers though because I'm pretty sure we will get in so much trouble. I make myself a coffee and set up ready for Instagram. I message Stefania:

Bambina: You ready beautiful?
Goddess: Absolutely Bella

We facetime multiple times a day but I'm still so happy to see her. After me failing at trying to set up the live as always, Stefania finally pops up on the screen.
"Hello gorgeous."
"Hello!" Stefania puts up a rainbow filter for pride month.

--

"I absolutely love you to death and I'll talk to you soon." I will be calling her straight after anyway.
"Ciao Bella." Stefania starts blowing me kisses.

We end the live and I instantly call her. "That went so well and we didn't give away any spoilers." I start laughing.
"We did do good Bambina, actually Danielle can I ask you something?" She sounds serious.
"Do I need to be worried?"
"No Bella not at all, I just wanted to know if we could do something when I get back?" I can tell that's not entirely what she wants to ask.
"What do you mean by special? Because I think I have an idea of what I want to do." Please let her say get married.
"OK, well when I come home we can discuss it. I do think my idea will be better though." A little chuckle escaped her mouth.
"That's debatable, mines pretty huge." I can't help but laugh with her.
"I've got to go Bambina, my family are coming round. We'll talk later yes?"
"Of course we will, let me know when is good for you." I'm quite sad that we have to stop talking even though we have been for over an hour in total now.
As we hang up, I let out a sigh. It kills me to my core not having her here with me. I guess I just need to wait another few weeks for her to return.

I message the group chat with Barrett and Jaina:

D: Guys, Stef just told me that she wants to do something special when she gets back! Should I be worried?

B: Omg no! This is actually so cute!

J: I don't get it, why should you be worried?

D: Because I want to do something huge when she returns in a few weeks.

J: What are you up to D?

B: Ok, now you're scaring me. Whenever you have something planned, me and Jaina always have to get involved.

D: It's not THAT bad. But yes I will need your help.

J: Lay it on us.

D: So when Stefania gets back, I don't want to wait any longer. Just not having her here with me is torture. I never want to be without her again.

B: What you going to chain yourself to her or something?

J: Sound like it.

D: No guys! I want to marry her.

B: D... you're already going to marry her.

D: I mean actually marry her when she gets back.

J: AAHHHHH YAAAAAS!

B: WHAT THE HELL D! I'm so ready for this!

I laugh at their reactions. I just need to figure out how I'm going to pull this off without her knowing. I open my laptop and search for wedding venues but none are open yet. I feel like I've fallen at the first hurdle now. How can someone plan a wedding when no venues are open?

Another week goes by. Myself, Barrett and Jaina have found the perfect place for me and Stefania to get married. We have already made a picture board of themes and dresses and decorations.

We take a break for a bit and get changed into our swimming costumes as I have a hot tub in my backyard. I get in first whilst Barrett and Jaina mix up some cocktails. I don't even want to know what they are putting into mine. "Guys, hurry up!" I can hear them laughing from the kitchen. I close my eyes and take in the beautiful weather.

"Now you looking like that is definitely not fair." That sweet Italian voice.

I quickly open my eyes and turn to see Stefania stood there in her bikini. I instantly cry, "what are you doing here?" I get up and practically jump on Stefania.

"I thought I would surprise you by coming home earlier than planned." She pulls me in tighter.

"Wait what about your family?" I eventually let go.

"It was actually Papa's idea for me to come home." She wipes the tears from my face.

"I really need to thank him. But first..." I grab hold of Stefania's hand and pull her into the hot tub.

"Bambina, you have no idea how much I've missed you." She holds my face and kisses me so softly.

"I...missed... you... too." I manage to say in between kisses. After we finish playing tonsil tennis, I stare into her eyes. I feel so whole again. I rub my thumb over her cheek, her lips, her adorable freckle.

"So..." Stefania holds my hands in hers, "want to know what special thing I want us to do?"

"Actually, do you mind if I go first? I think you might want to maybe reconsider yours." The butterflies in my stomach are back.

"Oh, ok Bella go ahead." She nods towards me so I can continue.

I take a deep breath and start talking fast, "why don't we get married? Like soon. I don't want to be apart from you any longer and I read that if we are married then I can go to Sicily with you. And my whole body aches when you're not here and I've drove Barrett and Jaina mad. Oh and my mum who actually got us drunk. But I want to be your wife Stefania."

Stefania's face dropped with shock, then slowly turned into a smile.