Chapter 77

A/N I'm so sorry that this chapter has taken 9 months to do. Life has a way of taking over sometimes. Please forgive me.

Danielle POV

Macey stormed into the room and slumped down onto the chair with a cheeky grin on her face, "nothing's wrong, I just know that you wouldn't let me in if I didn't panic you both a little."

Stefania looked at me then back at Macey, "you're lucky I wasn't loving all over Danielle."

"Oh my god really Stefania?" I laughed as I got up and got dressed and ready for the day.

Safe to say meeting our Marina fans has been the best part of this whole experience by far. The way we are both able to open up and express ourselves completely brings a whole other level of trust and love for them. The gifts we received, the signed Pride flag, the hilarious karaoke, everything made me realize how many hearts we touch by doing our jobs and being true to who we are as people.

After our European trip, it's unfortunately back to reality for both Stefania and I. In a way, this has brought us both closer than we ever were before, if that is even possible. I am in awe of that woman in every way. From the way she scrunches her nose slightly when she laughs, to the way her eyes get brighter when she's talking passionately about something. My heart beats for her and only her.

Walking through the front door to our house suddenly gave us both a deflation. Not because we are home but because we have just been on a trip of a lifetime.

Not even a minute passes of us stepping through that front door and the patio doors to the yard opens up with Barrett bouncing through the kitchen, "I've missed you guys so much! You need to tell me everything," she grabs both of our hands and leads us to the couch , speaking even faster now, "I mean not everything cause gross, but how was it? How much of Italy and Paris did you see? I saw a lot of videos all over Twitter but I want to know."

"Barrett," Stef takes ahold of Barrett's shaking leg, "breathe. We will tell you everything but for now we are jet lagged and have only just got home so let us reacclimatize to here first ok?"

Barrett takes a deep breath, "yes, I'm sorry. Go unpack and change and I'll have the wine ready for when you're both ready."

Stefania and I share a smile as Barrett walks into the kitchen. Stef stands up and holds out her hand to me, "come on Bella," the softness in her voice only makes my heart beat faster, "I can tell this is going to be a long night."

We walk upstairs and into our bedroom hand in hand, Stefania just slightly in front of me so the smell of her hair hits my face as the breeze brushes through it.

As we walk into the bedroom, Stefania turns around and holds me tight to her and whispers, "I'm very proud of you Bambina."

I brush my nose against hers, "thank you but why?"

"Because you told your truth for everyone to hear and I know how much you have bottled all of that up for a long time." Stefania's hand glides through my hair so gently then she leans up and kisses my forehead. "You smell like a plane."

"Well," I pull away from Stefania and walk backwards towards the bathroom, "want to help me wash it out?"

After a much needed shared and sexy shower and a bottle of wine shared between the 3 of us, Barrett places her glass on the coffee table then looks at both of us seriously, "look, I know what's coming up for Marina is going to be very tough to shoot and hear feedback about but please promise me that all of that wont affect what you two have?"

"B," I also place down my glass and look to Stefania, "nothing will ever be able to affect the love I have for my wife."

"Si, nothing can come between us." Stef winks at me.

"Good," Barrett stands up and grabs the second bottle of wine, "cause we all worked too damn hard to get both of your stubborn asses together in the first place."

I turn to face Barrett trying not to laugh, "and we are both very grateful that you did."

Stefania grabs her phone out of her pocket, "Danielle, Papa says he's proud of you for what you said but just wishes we can share what we have to the world instead of having to hide it."

"Nope." Barrett crashes back onto the couch, "I'd rather have the privilege of seeing the magic behind closed doors and knowing the secret behind Marina all to myself."

Stef chuckles slightly, "but eventually it will come out Barrett."

"Ok ok." Barrett sits up straight and gives us her best puppy dog eyes, "but can we have little pitter patter of tiny feet running around before that happens?"

Both Stefania and I say in unison "NO!"

I pour myself another glass, "that is definitely not going to happen."

"Barrett, we have 8 little paws running around already." Stef scratches the top of Ford's head.

"But, ok, hear me out," Barrett looks between us again, "those babies will be hot as fuck, half Italian goddess and half blonde bombshell."

Stef looks at me a little confused, "I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way."

"Barrett," I remove the glass that seems to be glued to her hand, "I love you, but I want to catch up on sleep and get back to LA time before we go back to work in a few days."

"Or in other words, you would like to get some wife sexy time before we go back to work and your schedules don't match up." Barrett stands and puts on her sneakers, "don't think I don't know what happened when you got back. I ain't stupid. And I know there was a whole lot of alone time for the both of you when you were galivanting around Europe."

"Barrett." Stefania raises her eyebrows to indicate Barrett to shut up.

"I'm leaving. I love you both." Barrett blows us both a kiss and walks through the front door.

Sleeping in our own bed feels weird. After months of being away, nothing feels more right than coming home to what you know and love. The little things like having your phone charger in the spot where you don't even need to look for it you can just grab it and know it's there, having that one corner of your duvet cover that for some reason never has any duvet in it, the slight smell of Stefania on the edge of my pillow where her hair lays when she turns over in the middle of the night. That's what feels right.