Chapter 29

⚠️Warning⚠️
-Pregnancy
-Miscarriage

"Georgia? Georgia Smathe." A Doctor shouted. "Georgia?" Another one spoke. Georgia's eyes slowly opened, she was tired, in pain and hurt. "Oh my goodness, hey Doctor Smathe." The man spoke as he looked at Georgia. "Where- where am I?" Georgia asked, rubbing her eyes. "OBX hospital darling, how are you feeling?" Georgia looked around, she was still paused on the Outerbanks hospital part. "Alright- um tired." Georgia replied as she leaned up on the bed. "What happened to me?" Georgia asked as she yawned. "You got into a very severe accident darling." The nurse explained as she did something with the tubes connected to Georgia. All thoughts ran around Georgia's head but one hit her hard. "Is- is my child alright?" Georgia yelled when she realised shes pregnant. Well was. "Miss Smathe, we don't know how to tell you this, I'm sorry but you lost the baby." The doctor explained, feeling horrible for Georgia. Georgia's mouth hung open, tears started forming, she bit her lip as she looked at the doctor and nurse, trying not to cry. Even though she tried her hardest this hit her harder than any type of accident in the whole entire world, she thought Rafe could hurt her most but this was worse. "No-no." Georgia began mumbling with tears rolling down her face. Everyone's attention caught the door as they heard the handle turn, Doctor Smathe ran in the second the door had opened. She instantly looked at her daughter, who was crying hysterically. "Oh Georgia." Doctor Smathe spoke as she walked over to hug her daughter. Georgia wanted to squeeze her mother, she was furious, at both herself and the doctors, but she couldn't move nor breathe. "No- no that's not fair, No!" Georgia screamed, shocking everyone, mostly her mother. "Georgia- honey." Doctor Smathe mumbled as she pat her daughters hair.  "I- lost that baby mum." She continued to cry hysterically as she fiddled with her hands. "Baby I know- I know." Doctor Smathe soon had a small tear leave her eye too, it was rare to see Doctor Smathe sympathising towards her daughter, this may just be the first. "I'm so sorry baby." Doctor Smathe sniffed as she kissed her daughters cheek.

23 hours ago

"We have a Georgia- a Georgia Smathe." The paramedic yelled. Doctor Smathes attention rose instantly as she heard the name 'Smathe', "I'm sorry did you say Georgia Smathe?" She was very curious since it just sounded like her daughter. "Yes ma'am." The paramedic answered. "As- as in my daughter?" Doctor Smathe yelled. The paramedic gave her a sad nod. "What the fuck happened now?" She asked, rolling her eyes. "Motorbike crash, big damages." The paramedic explained, this shocked Doctor Smathe. "What the hell- again? How long has she been here?" Doctor Smathe questioned. "She was rushed into the emergency room ma'am." The paramedic tried to remain calm. "And no one fucking tells me my daughter was in an accident? She's pregnant for all I know." Doctor Smathe spat, as she grabbed the tablet. "I'm sorry- I must go see her, thank you for your assistance." Doctor Smathe then mumbled, realising she was acting a bit too rudely.

"What the- Mrs Smathe." Sarah has just entered the hospital with John B. "Sarah Baby- what happened with Georgia, why was she on the motorbike in the first place?" Doctor Smathe rushed to Sarah with her clip board. "Is she ok? I feel horrible." Sarah spoke as she placed a hand on her hip. Doctor Smathe took a deep breath, "She- she lost a lot of blood, we- we." Doctor Smathe began tearing up, this was really new to Sarah, even though she loved Indie Smathe, she knew deep down she was a shit mother to Georgia, but this is showing she cares. Without even having to think for a moment Sarah wrapped her arms around her, stroking her arm as she took deep breaths. "She- she lost her baby." She had finally brought up the courage to say it, the second Sarah heard this comment her mouth dropped open, she placed a hand on her mouth. "Oh my god." Sarah cried as she realised what Doctor Smathe has just said. Doctor Smathe pulled Sarah into one more hug before going back to her job, Sarah looked at John B, with pain and sadness in her eyes for Georgia, John B immediately hugged her.

Back to present
"So your telling me JJ Maybank came there?" Georgia asked, the Doctor has just told Georgia that when Georgia got hit, JJ rushed to be by her side, but he couldn't have came to the hospital with her. Georgia was shocked at this, it does sound like a JJ thing, but she expected it to be Rafe. The doctor nodded in response, "That's what the paramedics told me." The doctor walked out, leaving Georgia with her mother who was occupied with doing something on the tablet. "You ok baby?" Georgia looked up at her mother, with 'what kind of question is that' kinda look. "No mum, I feel great, I've just killed my own child." Georgia replied in response, feeling horrible. "Georgia- you can't keep yourself feeling guilty." Doctor Smathe looked at Georgia with wide eyes. "Whatever- where dad?" Georgia questioned. "With Ward." Georgia rolled her eyes that her father couldn't even be here for her. "I'll get Sarah." Doctor Smathe spoke as she could tell Georgia was so over talking to her. "Sarah's here?" Georgia wasn't so surprised, she knows that Sarah's always there for her. Doctor Smathe nodded as she exited the room, leaving Georgia alone. Georgia instantly grabbed her phone to see if there was any notifications from one person specific, Rafe. There wasn't any, this made Georgia feel hurt, she thought he would have still cared for her to ask. Georgia let a small tear roll down her eye as she leaned back against the bed. Her mother had left the tablet on the table, Georgia was eager to see what was on the tablet. She wiped the small tear from her eye as she reached for it. Just as she was about to examine it Sarah walked in.

"Oh my god- Georgia!" Sarah rushed to Georgia as she pulled her best friend into a hug. "Hey Babe." Georgia mumbled, having to let go of the tablet. "How are you- oh my god." Sarah asked as she pulled away, she flicked Georgia's hair out of her face. "Great." Georgia's voice was sad, this hurt Sarah, seeing her best friend hurt. "I'm sorry about the baby." Sarah finally spoke, not knowing if it was a smart idea. "I guess everyone knows?" Georgia asked, fiddling with the tablets case. Sarah nodded, biting her lips. "Even Rafe?" Georgia asked, Sarah shook her head. "I haven't got a courage to tell him." Sarah was nervous to tell Rafe, his reaction would be insane. "What's up?" Sarah cried, realising Georgia's hiding something. "I'm just a bit annoyed, that Rafe didn't show up at the accident scene and shit." Georgia confessed. Sarah looked at her confused, she thought Rafe did. "What do you mean? I thought he did." Sarah states. "No- JJ did, I guess he really does care for me after all." Georgia spoke, lightly smiling. "Maybe Rafe really has moved on." Georgia was sad, but it was true, well in her mind. Sarah obviously knew JJ wasn't there since JJ was at John B's place the whole time, he probably is still there. All she knew is that Rafe had done something, something like maybe pretending he was JJ, but Sarah doesn't know why, she just really needs to talk to him, but maybe after. "Isn't that your mother's iPad" Sarah asked as she sat on the bed, breaking the silence. Georgia bit her lip, then placed the iPad to the side and started to mumble. "Uh-." Sarah looked at her best friend. "Best friends don't lie to each other." Sarah spoke, this made Georgia chuckle. "I was about to view my file." Georgia finally confessed, this made Sarah laugh. "Little sneaking around?" Sarah asked, smiling. Georgia nodded, chuckling. "Ok then- let's do it!" Sarah announced as she turned on the iPad. It made Georgia smile at how excited Sarah was. "Alright- password, 4762, Woah look at the list of patients, where's Smathe." Georgia scrolled down on the iPad. "Jackpot, alright, Georgia Smathe, Paternity Results?" Georgia looked up at Sarah who shrugged her shoulders. "Wait a second- she had the results that quick and didn't even tell me?" Georgia asked, realising Doctor Thornton had sent them to her mother at least 2 hours before the accident. "This bitch." Georgia mumbled as she looked at the screen hesitantly, "Georgia- once you know, you can't un know." Sarah spoke. "What does it matter now anyways?" Sarah asked. "I- I just want to know." Georgia mumbled as she got all her courage together to click on it. Georgia let out a gasps at she read the name, she could feel her body go numb, it's like someone just stabbed her, she turned the tablet to Sarah. "Oh my god!" Sarah screamed in response to this.

Note- Heheheh. Got yous! Georgia's alive! But she lost the baby, I wonder who the father was? 😭