Chapter 2

FOURTEEN YEARS LATER......

EMERY GRIFFIN

I feel like this year will be different like a good and bad way you know. Mom couldn't bring me so I came with my best friend who's been with me since I was little.

"I will see you on the train." Cedric Diggory told me as I gave him a nod. "Perfect Ceddy boy." I told him as he shook his head rolling his eyes at his nickname that's he complained about for a while now. I don't understand why he doesn't like it I don't see no problem with it.

"No trouble this year will ya Cedric and don't try to corrupt Emmy here." Amos said ruffling up my hair. "Someone has to dad but I'll keep it to a minimum." Cedric said before saying goodbye and walking off. "Thanks Amos for letting me come with you guys." I told him.

"It's no problem dear your family after all. I've known you since you were a itty baby in your mother stomach." He said pinching my cheeks just a bit. "I'll let you go now. Go have fun and try not to get corrupted by Cedric." He told me giving me a hug as I hugged him back.

"Will do and I'll try not to." I told him. "Bye Amos." I said letting go as he backed up. "Bye Emmy." He said as I walked off boarding the train looking for my compartment. I usually get my own for a bit till people decide to join mine than I leave to go sit with Cedric.

It's become a routine by now since first year.

First year I was sorted into Hufflepuff let's just say mom wasn't the happiest when she heard about it. I tried to tell her I wanted Slytherin but the sorting hat put me in Hufflepuff but she didn't listen to me she ignored me like always and just left for work.

For my dad he was barely in the picture for me. He came when he could because he worked a lot even missed some birthdays because of work.

August 1st 1980 the month and year I was born.

Dad worked a lot but I guess it's not easy you know for him having such a hard time with home problems so when dad had to work I never minded because I know dad needs to money so I put aside my feelings and let dad work that way he won't have to take time off and cause him to loose money it's already hard enough for him.

I'm an only child between both my parents. My dad doesn't have no siblings his parents died during the war so I never got to meet my grandparents but I know their in a better place now.

My mom's parents died when she was in her last year of Hogwarts. She has an older brother who is my uncle but he doesn't come around often which I don't understand why. Mom did get married when I was a baby though but my step-dad died just recently though.

"Can we sit here?" A boy with grey eyes and black hair asked. "Sure." I told them immediately moving my bag out the way so they can sit down. "Emery right?" A girl with brown hair asked as I gave her a nod. "We had each last year in Defense of the Dark Arts." She said as I gave her a nod.

"Lillian Lupin." She introduced herself as I gave her a smile. "That's Amelia Haylee Harry Damien Hermione and Ron." She said pointing each and every one. "Nice to meet you guys." I told them going back to my business.

"You look familiar?" Hermione said as I stared at her. "Sorry but we've never met before." I told her as she shrugged her shoulders. "That's fine probably someone from the muggle world. What's your last name?" She asked me. "Griffin." I told her as she stared at me confused.