Chapter 50

EMERY GRIFFIN

I woke up early for ballet. Haven't been in it since I was five. I stopped because mom couldn't take me anymore.

I got dressed and walked downstairs. "Ball room." Mom instructed as I walked down to the ballroom where I found a lady. "You must be Ms.Crouch I'm Madam Lovemore and I'll be your instructor your just going to follow my lead for today." She told me as I gave her a nod.

About an hour or two we finished. I let out a sigh as she picked up her stuff. "I will see you tomorrow." She said with a thick French accent. "Yes madam." I said as she left. I let out a sigh and walked out.

My feet hurt.

- - -

Two weeks I've been doing ballet every single day. 6 am to 7 or 8 am depending on what we're working on. I hate it but sorta like it.

Did I also mention I haven't really eaten anything since than. "Okay class is finish for today I will see you tomorrow." She said as I gave her a nod. "Bye Madam Lovemore." I said as she left. I walked out the ball room letting out a sigh. 

I walked out the ball room. "Emery!" My dad called out for me as I ignored him. "It's best if you leave before my mom get here's she won't be happy." I told him. "Emery the letter was fake." He yelled.

I ignored him. I'll let mother deal with him. I walked upstairs to my room locking the door. I grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom locking the door. I let my hair down turned on the shower and took everything off and walked in the shower.

The steaming hot water hitting me felt so nice. My body ached from ballet and the hot water soothes it. Weird yes I know but it feels nice.

Once I finished my shower I got dressed and detangled my hair. I walked downstairs and saw my mom here along with my dad. I quietly walked past them without being noticed. I grabbed some water quickly finishing it before going back out without them noticing. I walked back upstairs sitting down on the first step.

Their arguing. It feels like I'm a little kid again sitting here listen to her parents argue making sure one of them doesn't get hurt. "You lied to her!" My dad yelled at mom. "No I told her the truth on what you told me." Mom yelled back.

"I never wrote that letter to you Penelope." "Yes you did James suck it up besides I can take my daughter whenever I want I have legal custody of her and I'm not the one making her feel like shit." Mom yelled at him. I hate this.

"No cause you treat her like shit Penelope." Dad yelled back. I'm done listening to this. I walked up to my room shutting the door. I let out a sigh and laid down and looked at my nightstand where a picture of me my mom and dad.

It was a year he showed up for my birthday. I think my sixth birthday was the only year he showed up on my actual birthday. Either he come a week later after my birthday or a month later.

It was rare when I saw my dad but when he did show up I always made the best out of it. Because I never knew if that would be the last time I ever saw him again.

Now all everyone ever wants to do is use me. I'm so stupid because I let them thinking they love me. I let out a sigh as a tear fell. I wiped it away and stared up at the ceiling.

This is my life just being used for other peoples advantages.